portraits

frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in People
old pics reprocessed , posted the middle one previously , but it had a a few "blown" highlights on cheek and forehead.... reprocessed in LR then PSE 5.

C&C always welcome

220977689-L.jpg

Comments

• Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    frg wrote:
    old pics reprocessed , posted the middle one previously , but it had a a few "blown" highlights on cheek and forehead.... reprocessed in LR then PSE 5.

C&C always welcome

220977689-L.jpg
    Frg!
    I think that the light, color are very good.
    Something is wrong for me with the pose and expression.
    Yuri
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Thanks Yuri, something I need to work on (posing!)
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    I cannot get over how awkward the first pose looks.. perhaps use the different hand to make it look more natural.

The flyaway hairs in the first and second photograph I find a tad distracting..

As for the third photo, I find the fisted hand under the chin is a very masculine 'pose'.. I don't find it all that flattering on her.

These photos don't have any pizazz to them.. They look more like snapshots in my opinion.. ne_nau.gif

I'd definately like to see more of your photographs in the future! Thanks for posting~!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Lighting
    Your lighting is really flat. There's not much modeling going on. What differential there is is, in my opinion, not too flattering. You might try looking up ""narrow" and "broad" lighting. Particularly in your last image, most of your light is on the side of the face nearest the camera. I think you'd find that you'd like the image better if the strongest light were on the side of the face away from the camera.

Your overall exposure is good though. Keep at it. Posing and lighting is hard, but there's a lot of material out there that will help you if you care to read it..
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Images look soft. Poses look forced. Just tell her to give you a pose she's comfortable with.
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    IMO, these images are underexposed.
    Adding some exposure (actually using the levels command) and increasing contrast a bit gives them more life. (I also removed a little skin detail)

ladybbwe9.jpg
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com