Can anyone check How many acctuations on 30D ?

CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited November 15, 2007 in Cameras
I have had someone ask how many shutter clicks on my 30D I have no way to find out this info. does anyone know of a way or have a way I will send you a photo if you can find it in the EXIF. ????

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited November 15, 2007
    As far as I know only the Canon 1D series, in the Canon lineup, has the actuations count included in the EXIF. All other Canon dSLRs can have the count determined by some special diagnostic hardware, only available at a Canon service center.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Do you ever use Flickr? You can upload a straight out of the camera shot and see it in the detailed EXIF properties there... I've been able to do that with my XT. :D
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Julia wrote:
    Do you ever use Flickr? You can upload a straight out of the camera shot and see it in the detailed EXIF properties there... I've been able to do that with my XT. :D

if that's true, then that might be the first likeable thing I've ever heard of with Flickr. lol3.gif
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
    edited November 15, 2007
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a straight out of the camera shot I just uploaded and screencap'd the data...

2035184197_0fb1fe8edb.jpg

ne_nau.gif And I use my XT a lot, so that number's about right. :D

Cookie - if you want me to upload something to my Flickr account (I'm a devout SmugMugger! iloveyou.gif) to check, I can.
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Julia wrote:
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a straight out of the camera shot I just uploaded and screencap'd the data...

ne_nau.gif And I use my XT a lot, so that number's about right. :D

Cookie - if you want me to upload something to my Flickr account (I'm a devout SmugMugger! iloveyou.gif) to check, I can.

I just tried it. The Shutter Count shows 36880 (see it here) for the picture I uploaded to my Flickr account, but that's not accurate at all. I bought my 30D brand new 9 months ago and I haven't taken more than 4000 shots with it.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
    edited November 15, 2007
    OK, so I guess it's not reliable? eek7.gif It seemed about right for mine... oh well! Sorry!