Mossy mountain brook

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in Landscapes
Recently spent the day with my pup exploring an old farm road at the top of a foothill not far from home.

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

Coming down the mountain we passed this interesting getaway cabin and peacefull brook.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    John-

What mode were you shooting these in? You shot these handheld too- I am guessing since the shots seem a tad blurry and not very sharp.

You have some great possibilities there- just need to work on the exposure.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    John-

What mode were you shooting these in? You shot these handheld too- I am guessing since the shots seem a tad blurry and not very sharp.

You have some great possibilities there- just need to work on the exposure.

This is a very serene place... very dark and cool due to the extensive canopy. It warrants a second trip with tripod in hand and closer attention to exposure settings. I think some of the blurriness has to do with my lack of expertise in Photoshop as well as being handheld. BTW all were shot at 1/60 and between f4.8 and 5.3 with iso between 250 and 320 using a Nikon 18-135 mm lens at between 48 and 66 mm. and all required extensive levels and brightness/contrast adjustment.

Jack
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Jack'll do wrote:
    This is a very serene place... very dark and cool due to the extensive canopy. It warrants a second trip with tripod in hand and closer attention to exposure settings. I think some of the blurriness has to do with my lack of expertise in Photoshop as well as being handheld. BTW all were shot at 1/60 and between f4.8 and 5.3 with iso between 250 and 320 using a Nikon 18-135 mm lens at between 48 and 66 mm. and all required extensive levels and brightness/contrast adjustment.

A tripod is a must-

Try shooting at F11 unless you are trying to play with DOF and background out of foucs (BOKEH).
    This will make your exposure even longer- so tripod is a must- it will also give you the soft water look.

EXAMPLE

Best of luck!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    A tripod is a must-

Try shooting at F11 unless you are trying to play with DOF and background out of foucs (BOKEH).
    This will make your exposure even longer- so tripod is a must- it will also give you the soft water look.

EXAMPLE

Best of luck!

Thanks for the suggestions Aaron. I tend not to want to be encumbered dragging a tripod around through the woods (tho I often use a monopod/walking staff). That said, I can see it's necessary inorder to get really nice shots.

Jack