Options

Looking for some Banner Design "HELP" - please!

MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in Finishing School
Andy mentioned that this may be a good forum to post in seeking some much needed help designing a new banner. Some people are natural designers - other like me work best with Crayons :wink and are really pretty much design idiots.

I am in the process of redesigning my SM website and though this would be a good time to try and redesign my banner. My original banner I created quickly last year just to get my site up and running - and we know how that usually works - it has remained there.

I am looking for something that is pretty simple and much smaller.
With my website redesign I added the new Flash Slide Show I need to move the Slide show up a bit on my page.....meaning a much thinner banner.

Here is my original banner:
I am looking for any help, ideas, samples you could refer me to, sample you may have designed that may work for me.......prety much anything will be better than what I have now!

Thanks ALL!
Michael

Comments

• Options
    HugoHugo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    I'm on this right now! I'll post it as soon as I'm finished. ;)
    Hugo Royer
    www.hroyer.com

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
    Canon EF 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II
  • Options
    HugoHugo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Here you go!

This should fit perfectly at the top of the page. It is the same size than the flash slideshow at the bottom, and I used the same colors. I also used the same logo than the one on your pictures.

Hope you like it. :)
    Hugo Royer
    www.hroyer.com

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
    Canon EF 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II
  • Options
    MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Hugo
    Thanks for your help with this.
    I like the gradient background with the banner as an insert.
    I think the best thing I can do is try a few differnt styles on my own and post them later here from some critique and suggestions. I really like having a sports related banner - since that is what I mostly shoot, but am also thinking that maybe I should have a neutral style banner that does not look like I 'ONLY" shoot sports - as I want to get more involved in portrait work as well.

Michael

Hugo wrote:
    Here you go!

This should fit perfectly at the top of the page. It is the same size than the flash slideshow at the bottom, and I used the same colors. I also used the same logo than the one on your pictures.

Hope you like it. :)