Wanna see some snow?

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in People
This was our first snow a couple of weeks ago and my kids were in heaven.
We were going to go to the park and go sledding but never actually made it to the car because the snow was too tempting. :rofl We were watching my nieces as well and got some really sweet shots of them. I hope you like them, they are just fun snaps, but I find them precious. Its a mom/ auntie thing.

Can you believe all of this snow melted away the next day? It is after all, Alaska. You never know what the weather is going to do next.
1. My niece, Marisson213406038-M.jpg
Maybe some day I'll clone the hair out of her mouth. :dunno

2. My other niece, Madeline.213309243-M.jpg
3.They got the snowman's "buttons" and "eyes" from the garden so it has muddy spots.
Gracie is here trying to clean off a bit of the mud.213337442-M.jpg

4. Mercy's sweet smile
Wished I would have opened up the DOF a bit more
so the snowman in the back was more in focus...
ah well, no body is perfect213337693-M.jpg
5. My son Andrew with a snowman sniffing in his ear.:D
213328256-M.jpg
At the end of the day the kids told me they got hungry and ate the snowmen's noses. Too cute!
Anyway, they are not the most wonderfully composed pictures, but I like em. I am not too worried about them, but you can still let me know what I could have done to make them fantastic! Thanks for looking!

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Snow? What the heckheadscratch.gif ? Or better question would be ...where the heck?eek7.gif

I've only been around snow once in my life...and that was the last time I wanted to see it. It was a beautiful 75 here in Texas today.

Ok now on the images...those are fantastic. Good job.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Snow? What the heckheadscratch.gif ? Or better question would be ...where the heck?eek7.gif

I've only been around snow once in my life...and that was the last time I wanted to see it. It was a beautiful 75 here in Texas today.

Ok now on the images...those are fantastic. Good job.

Groaaaan... Sometimes you warmer weather people make me jealous! :D
    We are going on vacation this weekend and get this... we are headed to Montana! I have to pack snow clothes! Good thing we kind of enjoy snow in November. It is Jan - April that kills me. Thanks for the taunting. rolleyes1.gif and the comment!
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    They look so happy....that is until they have to shovel it, heh. I like how you captured their attitudes. :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Wow Heather
    Those are great. What good color! Lucky children to have such a talented aunt (and mom)!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Nice!
    Nice shots! thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Heather your "snaps" are better than most portraits. You've probably got a family album most parents would kill for. These are very nice and it sure helps to have such photogenic kids as your subjects.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Beautiful shots, beautiful girls. Snow is fun, fun, fun!! I miss snow, haven't seen it in 15 years!!! Want snow for X-mas and i'm tired decorating palm trees Laughing.gif!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    These are wonderful!! Really great colors and light and sparkling faces and eyes. Fabulous! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Have to agree with everyone else.

First two and last one are terrific!!clap.gif

Hmmm.... It was cloudy today and even rained in the morning but still in the 80's in the afternoon.

It snowed in in Phoenix
    once! rolleyes1.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Beautiful shots, beautiful girls. Snow is fun, fun, fun!! I miss snow, haven't seen it in 15 years!!! Want snow for X-mas and i'm tired decorating palm trees Laughing.gif!
    What is funny about that is that up here in Alaska, you can actually buy pre decorated palm trees... It just cracked me up when I saw it! I guess where ever you are there is always a greener pasture! Thanks for the comment!
    These are wonderful!! Really great colors and light and sparkling faces and eyes. Fabulous!
    Thanks Elaine I really love those faces myself!
    Have to agree with everyone else.

First two and last one are terrific!!clap.gif

Hmmm.... It was cloudy today and even rained in the morning but still in the 80's in the afternoon.

It snowed in in Phoenix
    once! rolleyes1.gif
    You know what?!? Those are my favorites too! Thanks for the comment Anwmn1.
    Heather your "snaps" are better than most portraits. You've probably got a family album most parents would kill for. These are very nice and it sure helps to have such photogenic kids as your subjects.
    Wowzers! What a huge compliment, gluwater! Thanks! I needed a bit of encouragement!
    They look so happy....that is until they have to shovel it, heh. I like how you captured their attitudes. :):
    They are happy! I feel so fortunate to live in a land where my children can grow up happy and healthy- and play in the snow... Now about that shoveling... Thanks for the comment, Jen.
    Those are great. What good color! Lucky children to have such a talented aunt (and mom)!
    Thanks Icebear! I feel lucky myself to have such beautiful children! Thanks for the compliment!
    Nice shots! thumb.gif
    Thanks Xris!