Abstract macro

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited November 17, 2007 in Holy Macro
If you're interested in how I made these images the tutorial is here. This is what happens on a rainy day when you're bored and you've got a 3 watt LED to play with :D

218706439-L.jpg

218704670-L.jpg

220133139-L.jpg

221702693-L.jpg

This is a type of photography that I desperately need to find more time to do because it's selling well...
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Lovely shots John :)

Question re taking this type of shot and selling pics is whether you enjoy doing them ?

Brian V.
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Lovely shots John :)

Question re taking this type of shot and selling pics is whether you enjoy doing them ?

Brian V.

Thanks Brian :cool

I actually enjoy doing this type of photography -so even if the prints didn't sell I'd still do it. I don't shoot to sell, I do it because I have a real passion for it and that might be part of the problem that I've had with making money from photography -doing the things that I like to do verses doing the things that other people like. With abstracts I've found a way to please myself and potential customers -plus I can justify the hobby to the Mrs :D

Setting up for shots like these is time consuming and lately I've been swamped -too busy to take anything but the wolf spider who sometimes greets me in the morning as I'm going to work :(
    My SmugMug Gallery

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    If you're interested in how I made these images the tutorial is here. This is what happens on a rainy day when you're bored and you've got a 3 watt LED to play with :D

This is a type of photography that I desperately need to find more time to do because it's selling well...

The colours are awesome John clap.gifclap.gif
    Can't decide which one I like the most headscratch.gif I like all of the them :D

Thank you for the link to the Tutorial too thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited November 16, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    The colours are awesome John clap.gifclap.gif
    Can't decide which one I like the most headscratch.gif I like all of the them :D

Thank you for the link to the Tutorial too thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Thanks for the props Skippy :cool
    My SmugMug Gallery

• patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    I love abstacts and you certainly have a beautiful rainbow of colors in these.....Must add your tute to my list of want to dos....

Patricia.............:D
    edited November 17, 2007
    I love abstacts and you certainly have a beautiful rainbow of colors in these.....Must add your tute to my list of want to dos....

Patricia.............:D

Thanks Patricia! :cool
    My SmugMug Gallery