A special stone and more

ZygoteZygote Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in Landscapes
1765844830_ead2ab7c6b_o.jpg

Kannesteinen
Over thousands of years, ocean waves have ground the rock to the special shape it has today.

1765892190_8330db2939_o.jpg

Kråkenes Lighthouse in Måløy, Norway
A weather station that collects important information, the lighthouse, which offers great views of the ocean at Stadhavet, lies at the most northerly and weather beaten point on the island of Vågsøy and is accessible by road. When the weather is stormy it is a tremendous experience to stand at a safe distance from the foaming waves studying the frenzied ocean.

1256264921_8600289ddc_o.jpg

1257046167_54da526f7a_o.jpg

Towards the Airport in Bergen, Norway

829205285_54cdb023bf_o.jpg
Rjukan, Norway. The place where i'm from

Gaustatoppen is the highest mountain in the county Telemark in Norway. (1883 meters above sea level) The view from the summit is impressive, as one can see an area of approximately 60,000 km². There is an elevator system inside the mountain, built for military purposes, that lately has become accessible to the public.

815987519_923deb869d_o.jpg

A waterfall in Rjukan, Norway

Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Zygote wrote:

Kannesteinen
    Over thousands of years, ocean waves have ground the rock to the special shape it has today.

Kråkenes Lighthouse in Måløy, Norway
    A weather station that collects important information, the lighthouse, which offers great views of the ocean at Stadhavet, lies at the most northerly and weather beaten point on the island of Vågsøy and is accessible by road. When the weather is stormy it is a tremendous experience to stand at a safe distance from the foaming waves studying the frenzied ocean.

Towards the Airport in Bergen, Norway

Rjukan, Norway. The place where i'm from

Gaustatoppen is the highest mountain in the county Telemark in Norway. (1883 meters above sea level) The view from the summit is impressive, as one can see an area of approximately 60,000 km². There is an elevator system inside the mountain, built for military purposes, that lately has become accessible to the public.

A waterfall in Rjukan, Norway

Thanks for looking :)

Hello Zygote, your images are beautiful.
    The very first shot of the rock with that has been slowly carved away by the sea is complimented by the unusual cloud formation in the sky.

I have never been to Norway,
    thank you for showing us .......... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Beautiful photos loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Amazing shots my friend. Our parent company is Norwegian and im in hopes they will send me there some day. It's on my list of places to go before I die. :D
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Oh what a great post!
    Photographically, I'm in favor of the rock shot with that warm glow in the clouds above.

Thank you for sharingclap.gif
  • alexLalexL Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Very nice indeed. I have been often at Gaustablikk! Your photos are an inspiration. Very nice!
    /Alex
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    The second sunset is my favorite. Really great catch.

Thanks for posting

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown