ZygoteZygote Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in People
2037379612_e72242cb81_o.jpg

2037379608_0b99f144c6_o.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• susanbudgesusanbudge Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Very nice indeed! Isn't she a cutie! I love the pp which really makes the pictures pop. I was so intent on looking at the little girl that I didn't notice the little boy (her brother?) looking over the wall in the second one for quite a while. What pp methods did you use?
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Ohhh what fun! Very cute shots, love the last one thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    I like these! Love how you have the light on the wall behind them - give a great deal of 3D relief to the images.

The expressions in the second one are simply wonderful. Well done, indeed.

On this, admittedly, uncalibrated monitor (though it is usually pretty reliable), it appears the skin tones have a very strong red cast to them and might be a bit over-saturated. In the second, it appears your magenta is just a bit much.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    These are super! It's neat the way the light is hitting the wall behind her. Your processing is really wonderful, and the images pop really well. I tend to think Scott is right about the skin tones. Mom looks a little dark as well. Love the poses! thumb.gif
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Hi, Zygote

Great Photos!
    I like how the leading lines take you to the mother.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    http://aperturefocus.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • ZygoteZygote Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Not sure what you mean by pp, susanbudge. I'm Norwegian and not very bright :) No it's not her brother, just a kid jealous of the icecream

The light on the wall is the sun reflecting from a window. Probably me that needs a calibrated monitor :) Thanks for your suggestions and comments, highly appreciated!
  • susanbudgesusanbudge Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Zygote wrote:
    Not sure what you mean by pp, susanbudge. I'm Norwegian and not very bright :) No it's not her brother, just a kid jealous of the icecream

no, it is my fault Zygote for using abbreviations. By pp I meant post processing (in photoshop). You have achieved a nice look to your photos and I wondered what techniques you have used (if you don't mind sharing).
    thanks
    Susan
  • ZygoteZygote Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Oh, ok :) I used curves, desaturated them a bit and a little colour adjustment hence the magenta feel some of you see :)