Another image size restriction question

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited November 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
So I have a 10"x30" pano I set up 2-up so I can print it on the 20x30 sheet size. My original image is 10050x3350 so 2-up it is 67.3MP. The size restriction for pro accounts is a 24MB file but also 48MP. Why the MP restriction? My file is within the MB restriction (~15MB) but errs on the MP restriction. I've always been told to use all available pixels but I can't, apparently I have too many.
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    we have the 48 megapixel size so that our image processing servers don't get crushed. Bring your whole document down just enough in PS so that you're under 48 mp. With all that data, it'll print fine, Nick.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    we have the 48 megapixel size so that our image processing servers don't get crushed. Bring your whole document down just enough in PS so that you're under 48 mp. With all that data, it'll print fine, Nick.
    Thanks Andy. That sounds reasonable. I was more curious than anything. I lowered it to 240dpi at 30"x20". This is the first big print I've ordered. I'm excited to see how it will turn out. My 13x19's I can do at home are starting to look awfully small lately.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto