LPS#16 decisions decisions!

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited November 23, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Warm and Cosy (ambient)

2040233058_a5b0a19fcb_o.jpg

or

J (fill flash)

2037936300_18304d957a_o.jpg
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Number 2 has my vote. I like everything about it. Lovely daughters.

Peace, gail
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Hey Mrs. C. I have to say #1...I'm more into the "modeling/fashion" photos..I would like to see her eyes a little brighter

Nice job on both !

Ta
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Well that hasn't helped me has it???!!! Laughing.gif

I thought #1 because of the colours, they are so true. And both eyes are sharp. I love the pose and the warm emotions I got from this.
    #2 I love also. The composition, pose, smile and tones. But the dof on the eye made me hesitate a little.

I'm still no closer to deciding than I was before! Laughing.gifne_nau.gif

I'll leave it here a little longer. I may even come up with something else yet.
    Until then the B&W is in.
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    My vote is for #2. I usually go for the brighter and sharper images,but the lighting/softness of the second seems to be a perfect match for the young lady's face/expression. I think it is beautiful.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
    edited November 16, 2007
    So that's 2 for #2.
    I LOVE both!!! Why oh why did I have to make it so hard for myself!

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Both are absolutely beautiful but #2 stopped me in my tracks. It is an incredible portrait. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Oh...I vote for #2 :D
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    See Your Point
    I see your problem. They are both lovely photographs. clap.gif

But they are both completely different 'types' of photograph. So perhaps if you concentrate on what 'type' of photograph you think the judges will prefer, you'll find your answer. (Warm and fuzzy vs. cool and punchy.)

For my two cents: I'm stopped cold by both photos! But if there is any one weak point that jumps out it's the soft eye in #2.

I also agree with Donna regarding slightly brighter eyes in #1.
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
    edited November 22, 2007
    I had a play tonight with a cheapo £5 ($10), computer desk lamp :D
    I really should stop playing but it's sooooo much fun!!!
    However I am making life hard for myself again :(

"Growing Up"

2055448003_3af926cb8a_o.jpg

"Deep in Thought"

2055447885_5ea0c83b56_o.jpg

"Individuality"

2055447777_8c0bdb6100_o.jpg

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    Man, oh mister! You have some incredibly beautiful daughters! And for the life of me I can't seem to decide which one I like the best. "Growing Up" tugged at my heart strings the most. But there are other I like better technically... Well. No help from me, I guess... ne_nau.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
    edited November 23, 2007
    Hmmmmm, $10 desk lamp.... :bash Can I send back my studio lights????? rolleyes1.gif I love them all but I still like the one that you currently have entered the best. It doesn't hurt that you are suffering with poor subjects either rolleyes1.gifrofl
    edited November 23, 2007
    Thanks Felicia and Travis.
    Travis wrote:
    Hmmmmm, $10 desk lamp.... :bash Can I send back my studio lights????? rolleyes1.gif I love them all but I still like the one that you currently have entered the best. It doesn't hurt that you are suffering with poor subjects either rolleyes1.gifrofl

Laughing.gif I know what you mean! My lights are in a box on top of my wardrobe!
    And your just jealous! Want me to ship a couple over to ya? ;)

edited November 23, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    Thanks Felicia and Travis.

Laughing.gif I know what you mean! My lights are in a box on top of my wardrobe!
    And your just jealous! Want me to ship a couple over to ya? ;)

the kids or the lights? LMAO rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    edited November 23, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    the kids or the lights? LMAO rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Laughing.gif

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    I think Travis meant the girls... mwink.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com