Sending A Lense To Canon

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited March 22, 2006 in Cameras
Has anyone sent a lense to canon for repair? How long does this take? I have some serious dust which I think I may have confirmed today is not on my cmos but is deffinately in my 28-105 IS lense.
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    I took mine in to Irvine, CA on Thursday morning, it was done by Friday evening. I think I got lucky, but I'd think they will be done in 5 work days unless they needed a weird part.
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    I sent in a lens and it took 2 weeks
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    Gary, I had to have a shutter replaced at the facility in New Jersey, and the time was 2 weeks door to door.

But why do you think dust in a lens need to be removed?? Are you getting overall blurry images, or are you seeing spots in your images??

It will take quite a significant number of dust motes to significantly affect your image quality. And the effect would be a general degradation of sharpness and contrast rather than spots or local flaws in the image.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Has anyone sent a lense to canon for repair? How long does this take? I have some serious dust which I think I may have confirmed today is not on my cmos but is deffinately in my 28-105 IS lense.

Although the variant spelling “lense” is listed in some dictionaries, the standard spelling for those little disks that focus light is “lens.”
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 22, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:
    Although the variant spelling “lense” is listed in some dictionaries, the standard spelling for those little disks that focus light is “lens.”

Put down your dictionary and get out your camera and shoot some pictures.

Both lens and lense are accepted as common vernacular depending on which side of the ocean one decides to live. This is an international forum.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:

Sigh,

It's taken 3 years for this inanity to start up here on Dgrin. Lens and Lense are accepted just fine here.
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:

I suppose that depends on the colour of your favourite camera that the lense sits in the centre of.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 22, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:

and i thought that's what they called the discs that focused light.

man, thanks for the clarification thumb.gif
    Pedal faster
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:
    How do you spell padahntyc...pedanne... puhdan... pickybutt? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2006
    I suppose that depends on the colour of your favourite camera that the lense sits in the centre of.
    There was a lady from Lense
    Who favoured a long camera lens
    But when her colour became faded
    And her humour degraded
    She reached for a short one in defence.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au