Some Minor Hockey Pics

dunnerdunner Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited November 17, 2007 in Sports
Here are a few pictures from the typical dark arenas from behind the plexiglass. Got some nice shots from right behind the goalie.

222031235-M.jpg

222031909-M.jpg

222031554-M.jpg

All taken with the Sigma 70-200. I've bumped up the saturation a bit in all of them. Hope it's not too much.
Kevin
Peterborough, Ontario

www.kevindunn.smugmug.com

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    dunner wrote:
    Here are a few pictures from the typical dark arenas from behind the plexiglass. Got some nice shots from right behind the goalie.

Wow! Behind the goalie? Congrats on getting such great shots from that area! I tend to have a real problem behind the goalie since the glass is so scratched up from the pucks.

This is my favorite of the bunch.
    dunner wrote:
    222031235-M.jpg

You can just see the concentration on the face! Well done! thumb.gif
  • HugoHugo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    Myself shooting hockey, I can tell you you got pretty good shots. I also think that behind (a little bit on the right or left though, not RIGHT behind) the goalie is the best place because you can get pictures of players shooting.

you first shot if my personal favorite. In my opinion, you could even up a little bit the saturation. ;)

Very nice pictures, hope to see more soon. :)
    Hugo Royer
    www.hroyer.com

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
    Canon EF 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II
  • dunnerdunner Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Thanks, guys. I was lucky to find the arena we were in had some relatively clean glass behind the net ... as you know, that's not common. It's a great spot because that's where most of the action is where you get the facial expressions. We play in our best local arena tonight so I'm hoping for some good shots. I'll try to bump up the saturation a bit but I'm always a little concerned about going too far with that.
    Kevin
    Peterborough, Ontario

www.kevindunn.smugmug.com