Blurb books for SmugMug Communities

Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited February 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hey Everyone,

To announce the SmugMug/Blurb partnership, Blurb has given SmugMuggers 500 free books and currently giving away 1000 free shipping codes. :ivar

To further celebrate the partnership, Blurb is offering free shipping on special select books that have been made by a SmugMug/Dgrin community. :thumb There are many communities within SmugMug and Dgrin and so we are looking for suggestions.

The first book to be made and go on sale will be from our last Shootout at Glacier National Forest! DavidTo and Schmoo will be in charge of gathering submissions, making the book and announcing more details.

The second book, hmm I have some ideas but what are your thoughts?

Markham

Comments

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    This is really cool!

Perhaps a compilation of the LPS series when it's complete? I'd buy it.
  • Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    This is really cool!

Perhaps a compilation of the LPS series when it's complete? I'd buy it.

Definitely on the list! A book when it ends in March is a must.

Markham
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    We're rounding up the troops for the Best of Glacier Shootout '07 book! thumb.gif

I'm very excited about this! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Ham1 wrote:
    Definitely on the list! A book when it ends in March is a must.

Markham

Cool. That's a book that I would probably buy.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    I would love to see a book or two made from our beloved Ginger's work. Perhaps you can contact her family?
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Shay's bootcamps?

LPS winners?

Just some thoughts!

How do I get one of the free books/shipping codes? (Or maybe I should look around?)

Thanks!
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Ham1 wrote:
    Blurb has given SmugMuggers 500 free books and currently giving away 1000 free shipping codes.

How do I get one of the free books/shipping codes?

I'm also interested in obtaining a free book/free shipping code. I've search all the threads but I can't find any codes or information.

Can you post the information on this thread since it was first mentioned here. Thank you.
    edited December 11, 2007
    grimace wrote:
    I'm also interested in obtaining a free book/free shipping code. I've search all the threads but I can't find any codes or information.

Can you post the information on this thread since it was first mentioned here. Thank you.

Sorry the free book coupon code ended on Nov 20th. The free Shipping codes can be obtained when you register and first download the Blurb software from this page: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/photo-books

If you don't receive it, there are instructions at the bottom of the page on how to get the code.

Markham
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Wow!! Only 4 days to take advantage of the offer (your original post to when it expired)? mwink.gif

I hope someone was able to use up 1 of the 500 freebees.ne_nau.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    grimace wrote:
    Wow!! Only 4 days to take advantage of the offer (your original post to when it expired)? mwink.gif

I hope someone was able to use up 1 of the 500 freebees.ne_nau.gif

No, it's two different things. The 11/16 announcement was for the deals for SmugMug communities, which is ongoing. The deal that expired on 11/20 was announced separately, here. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited December 12, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    No, it's two different things. The 11/16 announcement was for the deals for SmugMug communities, which is ongoing. The deal that expired on 11/20 was announced separately, here. thumb.gif

Yep thanks DavidTo :)

Also Grimace, if you go through that thread I posted numerous times announcing I had leftover codes to give.

Blurb really wanted those codes to expire before the big Thanksgiving/Christmas rush.

I wish I had another to give you, sorry.

Markham
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    First Blurb Photobook
    Got my first photobook (from Blurb) via UPS yesterday (Tuesday) for my grandaughter's upcoming birthday.

I went with an 8x10 landscape format, 40-page hardcover. Ordered it late last Wednesday nite, so good turnaround.

While I'm no printing pro, and certainly no photography pro, the quality of the output far surpassed my expectations! It just looks great from cover to cover. I'm expecting nothing but oooo's and aaaaahhh's from family and friends who will see it first.

I used PBolchover's process for getting my "selected favorites" together and downloaded them to my PC...then used the Blurb software to put the book together from my PC rather than trying to download directly to Blurb from SmugMug.

Bottom Line: I'm a HAPPY CAMPER with this one. Thanks SmugMug, for establishing a good 3rd party collaboration with Blurb. I think SM's customer service model was a good incentive for Blurb to fix some of the early complaints I saw on Dgrin about their service.
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Im ordering my first Blurb - Engagement Sample Book ,
    are there any discounts for first orders / samples ?

Thank you

Pamela
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
    edited February 2, 2008
    Pamela wrote:
    Im ordering my first Blurb - Engagement Sample Book ,
    are there any discounts for first orders / samples ?

Thank you

Pamela

No sorry, the discounts all expired.

Markham
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Please see my review at this thread

www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=79112

Thanks

Pamela
    Thankyou

Pamela