Bradenton, Florida - Out and About

Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
edited November 17, 2007 in Landscapes
Ok, so I spent a friday afternoon playing hooky from work to casually walk around town, sit a while and just examine my surroundings to see about getting a few good shots. I took these two shots, one of an alley, and the other of a quiet old man enjoying a smoke and a beer alone. If you have any constructive criticism on how to make my photographs better, by all means I would love it!

220792185-M.jpg

220790589-M.jpg
Joe
North View Studio
http://www.zoradphotography.com
Montreal, Canada

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Hi and welcome, Joe! Great street shots and I'm sure you'll find here a lot of people wanting more photos of this nature around here. :D

I really enjoyed your choice of black and white for these two. It lends a timelessness to both shots that is perfect because the subject in both scenes can be found in almost any era. thumb.gif

I'd love to see these a bit larger as it'd let us see more details, and perhaps in the future making the subject a bit more clear might help. For example: I am not sure the window being in front of the man in the first does anything to telling the "story" and in the second I don't know if the alcoves, the bright light or the chair is the subject of the photo.

However, street photography is hard and I am by no means good at it myself, so take this with a grain of salt. :D