Shopping Cart Not Working

dgrinjacksondgrinjackson Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited November 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi Guys,

I'm not logged into my site, but visiting as a guest and I browse to a gallery and select an image.

I then click on "Buy This Photo" and a "popup" appears showing me all the purchase options.

I click on a few items like a 4x6 and an 8x10.

On the bottom of the popup I see that I've selected two items and the price for both.

I click on the "checkout" button in the lower right side of the screen and I get an message on the next screen that says I have no items in my cart.

What's up with that? :)

This is happening in both firefox and ie6

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Hi Guys,

I'm not logged into my site, but visiting as a guest and I browse to a gallery and select an image.

I then click on "Buy This Photo" and a "popup" appears showing me all the purchase options.

I click on a few items like a 4x6 and an 8x10.

On the bottom of the popup I see that I've selected two items and the price for both.

I click on the "checkout" button in the lower right side of the screen and I get an message on the next screen that says I have no items in my cart.

What's up with that? :)

This is happening in both firefox and ie6
    Are you sure that you are adding to the quantity of each photo selection?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • dgrinjacksondgrinjackson Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Are you sure that you are adding to the quantity of each photo selection?

Hi Allen,

Yes, I beleive so. Otherwise, why would on the bottom of the window would it show me the quantity I've selected and the price for the sum of those selections?

http://www.michaeljacksonphotography.com
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Shopping cart not working with custom hostnames
    I was just going to post my own message when I noticed this one.

I have more information on the problem. The problem exists with any Smugmug site using a custom hostname. It does NOT happen with any site using a *.smugmug.com name.

Test it by adding a photo to your cart from www.moonriverphotography.com or any other site using a custom hostname. When you view the cart the photo will not be there.

I have people wanting to order today and I might just have to process their order via Google Checkout and print and ship the photos myself if this isn't fixed soon.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:

I have more information on the problem. The problem exists with any Smugmug site using a custom hostname. It does NOT happen with any site using a *.smugmug.com name.

Test it by adding a photo to your cart from www.moonriverphotography.com or any other site using a custom hostname. When you view the cart the photo will not be there.

I have people wanting to order today and I might just have to process their order via Google Checkout and print and ship the photos myself if this isn't fixed soon.
    On it, standby.
    edited November 17, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    I
    Workaround for the moment: give them your smugmug url... I know, not the ideal but it will work.

We're on it.
    edited November 17, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:

This should be all fixed - I tested several domains - please verify thanks. Sorry for the hassle!
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    This should be all fixed - I tested several domains - please verify thanks. Sorry for the hassle!

Tested with my site. Looks good.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • dgrinjacksondgrinjackson Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Works, thanks.