mac uploader & large amount of files

J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited November 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there a MAXIMUM limit as to how many files can be uploaded to a gallery with the current mac uploader?

In several occassions I have tried uploading several hundred shots (200 or so), ranging from 2-4 MB each and during each time, I received an error, "connection timed out", "error contacting smugmug" or something else like that, that I can't remember. These problems occurred during an upload and not at the beginning. Now I only transfer about 100 max shots to prevent this from occurring, but is now more of a inconvenience since I have to come back over and over and upload again.

What would cause this, and does it have to do with the number of shots uploading or size of upload? Or is this a problem with my DSL at home? I tried the same upload at a T1 connection elsewhere and the same thing happened.
John "J.T."
http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams

Comments

• J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    J.T. wrote:
    Is there a MAXIMUM limit as to how many files can be uploaded to a gallery with the current mac uploader?

In several occassions I have tried uploading several hundred shots (200 or so), ranging from 2-4 MB each and during each time, I received an error, "connection timed out", "error contacting smugmug" or something else like that, that I can't remember. These problems occurred during an upload and not at the beginning. Now I only transfer about 100 max shots to prevent this from occurring, but is now more of a inconvenience since I have to come back over and over and upload again.

What would cause this, and does it have to do with the number of shots uploading or size of upload? Or is this a problem with my DSL at home? I tried the same upload at a T1 connection elsewhere and the same thing happened.

Anyone know the answer? eek7.gif
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    No maximum, with MacDaddy (v3) I've uploaded 5000+ files deal.gif

Are you using the latest version?