Options

Composition Technique

scottphotographyscottphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited November 18, 2007 in Technique
When metering & focusing a shot, say I want to photograph a car and want it composed on the left side, and the road is running along the middle or off set to the right, do I half shutter on the car to pre-focus & meter, then re-compose the shot to the right to include the road (assuming the car is the subject)?

Also is matrix metering for this shot the best?
Scott

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Need more info
    When metering & focusing a shot, say I want to photograph a car and want it composed on the left side, and the road is running along the middle or off set to the right, do I half shutter on the car to pre-focus & meter, then re-compose the shot to the right to include the road (assuming the car is the subject)?

There are way to many variables in this question. First off, what type of camera do you have? This will help whoever answers your question give a detailed answer.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007

Metering is a complicated topic, but if you want to go the fully automatic route, that is the way to do it.