Lacrosse Portrait

cyclonendcyclonend Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited November 18, 2007 in People
Was at a lacrosse center taking some promotional shots for some future marketing. I took this shot of one of the young players there and I liked it.

Shot with: D80, 18-70mm, 1/200 at f10

DSC_0081.jpg

Comments

• ajdocnhaileyajdocnhailey Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    new to the boards- but just wanted to say that I like this photo. The only thing I can say is that the man's eyes are quite dark. :)
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    the yellows in his jersey look washed out to me - could be that it was an old faded uniform though?
  • cyclonendcyclonend Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 18, 2007
    Ajdocnhailey - Yes his eyes are a little dark. It was intentional I was trying to go for more of an “edgy” feel to the shots.

StevenV - The color of the jersey was more of a tan/gold than yellow.

Thank you both for the comments.

I initially set out to overpower the sun with the shots, but had an SB800 die on me so I had improvise with these.

Here is another of the test shots from there.

DSC_0092.jpg
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    I think I like these. I know I like the aspect looking up--and the sky is really a nice backdrop.

You said these were test shots for marketing? Which product? None really seem highlighted. Warrior seems to be getting the biggest plug. But other than the printed label on the chin guard of the helmet--you really can't see much else of the helmet's shape. Since Warrior is coming out with a new helmet this year--they may be looking for some new shots featuring that. Not sure this angle would do it..

I guess this angle/pose would be good for showing off jerseys--but not really the shorts--which also sometimes have a lot of detail these days.

This angle is something to think about instead of the usual posed angle of individual shots ...

Good work
    Regards

Will
    Wmstumme - You are right with your last statement. We are putting together some various shots to be used to test the waters for individual sport poses.

I am thinking something like this would be popular with the older kids. I know I sure like it better than the same old stuff I normally shoot and see... But will parents feel the same?
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    cyclonend wrote:
    But will parents feel the same?

Who knows? I'm always suprised what other people like/don't like. As a parent, I like it. As a photographer--how do you ensure you've got cool clouds on "picture day?"
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote:
    Who knows? I'm always suprised what other people like/don't like. As a parent, I like it. As a photographer--how do you ensure you've got cool clouds on "picture day?"

Green screen and a little PS magic ;)
    Working on a workflow that will hopefully not be too labor intensive. Right now it is only idea. If the market is there hopefully we can make it work.