IE7 Vista problems

MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
edited November 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi All,

I cannot see many of the menus or use the new cards feature in IE7. I can use all these features in FireFox.

For example, in the arrange galleries dialog I do not get the actual box with the arrows to do the arranging...and in the new cards dialog box the 'categories' button is not there to choose.

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Monte

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Hi,

Are you sure that you tried the cards feature on the exact same address in both, IE7 and Firefox? There is currently a problem using cards on custom domains and it should work if you make sure that you run the 'make a card' tool from your SmugMug address instead of your custom domain: http://kootenay.smugmug.com

If you still see the problem in IE7, could you check your security settings? Go to Tools/ Internet Options / Security tab and there you should have the security level set to medium (not medium-high) and also try disabling the protected mode as this mode has been reported to cause trouble with SmugMug.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Hi,

Are you sure that you tried the cards feature on the exact same address in both, IE7 and Firefox? There is currently a problem using cards on custom domains and it should work if you make sure that you run the 'make a card' tool from your SmugMug address instead of your custom domain: http://kootenay.smugmug.com

If you still see the problem in IE7, could you check your security settings? Go to Tools/ Internet Options / Security tab and there you should have the security level set to medium (not medium-high) and also try disabling the protected mode as this mode has been reported to cause trouble with SmugMug.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian

Thanks, The create a card feature works when I am logged in without my custom domain address.
    The other issues with IE7 still remain. I cannot arrange galleries or photos using the box with arrows to position galleries etc. The box does not show in IE7. It works fine in FF.
    I have my Internet security settings on low and have disabled protected mode and it does not help.
    It is not a urgent problem as I can get this done in FireFox when needed. I just thought you might want to know.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited November 18, 2007
    Montec wrote:
    Thanks, The create a card feature works when I am logged in without my custom domain address.
    The other issues with IE7 still remain. I cannot arrange galleries or photos using the box with arrows to position galleries etc. The box does not show in IE7. It works fine in FF.
    I have my Internet security settings on low and have disabled protected mode and it does not help.
    It is not a urgent problem as I can get this done in FireFox when needed. I just thought you might want to know.
    I am using IE7 on Vista, and I haven't had any problems with positioning galleries. Well, at least not recently. I have had sporadic problems like this though, and usually clearing IE's brains (oops! the temp files) clears up the problem. It's probably worth a try...

--- Denise
  • DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    I am using IE7 on Vista, and I haven't had any problems with positioning galleries. Well, at least not recently. I have had sporadic problems like this though, and usually clearing IE's brains (oops! the temp files) clears up the problem. It's probably worth a try...

--- Denise

x2 kind of...I have had zero problems with Vista/IE7/SmugMug...about the only thing I can say I haven't had weird problems with concerning Vista.

I would clear the cache and temp files, change it to check for new page every visit and see what happens.
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    TNicole wrote:
    x2 kind of...I have had zero problems with Vista/IE7/SmugMug...about the only thing I can say I haven't had weird problems with concerning Vista.

I would clear the cache and temp files, change it to check for new page every visit and see what happens.

Done all that...still nothing in IE7.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Strange. Do you have any addons or browser toolbars in your IE that might be interferring with SmugMug? Try temporarily disabling any popup / ad blocker as well.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero