Options

upload JSON response

royroy Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
I've been playing with the Lightroom SDK, which is very cool, but limited when it comes to file operations. I have not found a way to access the raw bytes of an exported image. This means that I must use a multi-part post instead of a regular post to upload the photos (since the http API wants raw data for regular post calls, but accepts a file path for a multi-part call). Looking at the documentation on your upload page, it looks like the responses for multi-part posts only come in XML-RPC or REST. Are there any plans to make a JSON response available? I only ask because I'm using the simple and very helpful LUA JSON library to parse the responses from all the other API calls. For the meantime I have some basic REST response parsing in place for the upload response, but I'm not confident that is as robust as the JSON library is.

Not having access to the raw bytes of an image also means that I have no way to compute the size nor the md5 hash of the image and hence cannot put anything meaningful into the MDSum or ByteCount parts of the post. How much of a problem is that for you? I've been able to upload without either so I guess you allow it, but I'm curious how important that is to you so I can know whether or not I should file a feature request with Adobe.

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 19, 2007
    answered via email.

mulitpart post documentation updated.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos