Mr. Photo

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited March 9, 2005 in People
Hi you'll,

I hope my STF friends will forgive for repeating this NYC story. Right before I moved to Florida I got off the subway after a shoot with Andy. I passed this dude who was sitting in a wheelchair. As soon as he noticed my camera gear he jumped up, ran over to me and introduced himself as Mr. Photo. We started to talking and it turned out that he was president of his own photography club. he was also its only member. He wasn't doing much with it since he didn't own a camera. I lent him my 717 and he had a time running around the platform taking pics of young ladies and having them pose for him.

17188233-M.jpg

17188234-M.jpg
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Hi You'll??
    Cool story. Are you making fun of those of us that actually were raised sayin' "Y'all"? I sure hope not, since you are now a transplant into my homestate! I am a Native Floridian. Guess that kinda makes me a "Redneck Woman" of sorts. Hope you love Florida as much as I do!

Your story made me laugh! :D
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Gator wrote:
    Cool story. Are you making fun of those of us that actually were raised sayin' "Y'all"? I sure hope not, since you are now a transplant into my homestate! I am a Native Floridian. Guess that kinda makes me a "Redneck Woman" of sorts. Hope you love Florida as much as I do!

Your story made me laugh! :D
    Hiya Gator,

I haven't met anyone yet who were raised in Florida, you will be my first. I used to say "Hi You ALL" but was chided about it. I am loving Florida.

I'm glad my little story gave you a smile.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    :D Isn't it funny that "Y'all" is a contraction of "You all"! Anyway, welcome to Florida and happy shootin' to ya! thumb.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 9, 2005
    Gator wrote:
    :D Isn't it funny that "Y'all" is a contraction of "You all"! Anyway, welcome to Florida and happy shootin' to ya! thumb.gif
    It's "yawwwwwwwwwwlllll" :D

Hey Mr. H - I can't see your pix.
    edited March 9, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    It's "yawwwwwwwwwwlllll" :D

Hey Mr. H - I can't see your pix.
    Hey Angelo

The pics are coming up now.
    Harry
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Yeah Harry!
    Your story about 'Mr. Photo' was one of the most amazing I've read on STF or any photo forum. Your repeating it here sure made me laugh again! rolleyes1.gif And you bet that was a much needed laugh!

So thanks for sharing (again)!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    edited March 9, 2005
    Your story about 'Mr. Photo' was one of the most amazing I've read on STF or any photo forum. Your repeating it here sure made me laugh again! rolleyes1.gif And you bet that was a much needed laugh!

So thanks for sharing (again)!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Hey Thiago,

Glad you enjoyed it (again):D
    Harry
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Harry,

Do you have any of the shots that he took with your 717? Was he any good? Did you give him a copy of the pics that he took? In other words whats the other half of this story.....

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
    edited March 9, 2005
    Harry,

Do you have any of the shots that he took with your 717? Was he any good? Did you give him a copy of the pics that he took? In other words whats the other half of this story.....

Tim
    Hey Tim,

Well Mr. Photo took all these pics of these young ladies. Suddenly they became uncomfortable with the idea of this crazy guy (some folks might call Mr. Photo crazy) having their pics. Mr. Photo refused to delete their pics, they became upset, one of their boyfriends said something about smashing a camera, I became concerned, I took the 717 back and deleted the shots for the young laides, Mr Photo became upset. In the end peace prevailed and Mr. Photo promised to call me for the next meeting of his photography club. The call never came. Only one photo remains and I let you judge its merits

17198988-M.jpg
    Harry
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Only one photo remains and I let you judge its merits
    Actually, Mr Photo might be crazy, but he took a pretty good picture :D
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Great story Harry.Dont be surprised if Mr. Photo shows up in FLA.....:D

Oh and that image he took,well.....................:puke
  • motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Hi you'll,

I hope my STF friends will forgive for repeating this NYC story...
    Hey Harry,
    I remember these photos from STF and they are just great. I love them.
    Cheers
    Moti
    edited March 9, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    Actually, Mr Photo might be crazy, but he took a pretty good picture :D
    Well he had a good model. biggrinbounce2.gif
    Harry
    edited March 9, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    Great story Harry.Dont be surprised if Mr. Photo shows up in FLA.....:D

Oh and that image he took,well.....................:puke
    Now that would be a treat.. rolleyes1.gif

You have to consider his model. He was working under a handicap.
    Harry