Does this work for you?

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited March 9, 2005 in People
I took this back in the fall with my 717. It had some onboard fill flash, but I had to massage it a bit in PS CS to get it looking ok (on this monitor anyway). Minor cropping, levels adjusted using threshhold readings, Shadows and Highlights to recover some dark and blown areas, minor Curves, and USM on the LAB lightness channel. Would you change anything about it?

kids_leaves.jpg
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Hey Tristan,

good capture! It definitely works for me! I think it would have worked even more if they were facing the camera... But that's just speculation :D

Nice colours, good sharpness, well thought out concept.. thumb.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Great shot, I kinda like them looking away, I guess everyone has thier own tastes. To me a shot like that looking at the camera makes it look too posed, this is more candid looking.

James.
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    Great shot, I kinda like them looking away, I guess everyone has thier own tastes. To me a shot like that looking at the camera makes it look too posed, this is more candid looking.

James.
    They're looking away because my wife was trying to distract them. You know, a tag-team effort. :D This one was the best of about 6 I took.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    This is so cool, Tristan!
    A lovely shot!

To my eyes, your post-processing was spot-on. And not only that, the shot's so cool because of the good-looking light you've captured, and the children's priceless expressions!

So, congrats on the shot, and great use of the F717!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    I think it is great and I bet it would be kpotd material in the fall. Keep that one in mind late in the year and send it thier way....

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Very nice photo in all respects. Good capture, good post processing and I love the expressions on their faces.
    Cheers
    Moti