Autocolor or Truecolor for High Key photos?

MikePearceMikePearce Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited November 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

Been a subscriber to Smugmug for a few days now and I'm blown away be the sheer volume of options you have for displaying and selling your photos. I can't want for international pricing and package deals.

Anyway, onto my question. I shoot very high key, very high contrast portraits and I was wondering how autocolor would handle these when it was printed? Would it try and remedy the exposure the colours?

So, would these:
http://photos.monkeymafia.net/gallery/3856522#223255917
be better off with true or auto colour? I don't do any colour managing, not got round to looking into that yet, too busy taking photos, I just shoot in Raw, let lightroom do the rest and export as sRGB. (Please forgive the quality of some of these shots, they were early tests in photoshop and the backgrounds leave a lot to be desired!)

Thanks in advance,

Mike Pearce

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Hi Mike, first is yours, second is our Auto. We'll remove some of the red, for a more pleasing skin tone, and we'll sharpen it for a great print, too.

Hey, I enjoyed your work, your clients must really love what you do, cool stuff clap.gif

Auto or True

223268527-XL.jpg
    223268547-XL.jpg
  • MikePearceMikePearce Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    I've lurked on these forums a while and have always been impressed with the speed, passion, accuracy and down right kindness with which you conduct yourself Andy. You are a real credit to the company and whatever they're paying you surely isn't enough. Your attitude speaks volumes for smugmug and no website, no matter how wonderfully put together and written will match the human touch for that extra feeling of confidence in a product.

Purely your devotion caused me to sign up.

Thank you very much for allaying my fears about color, auto is the way to go, and showing me, instead of just telling me, blows me away.

Thanks.

Happy Smugmugger.