5:
22M.jpg

6:
23M.jpg

7:
21M.jpg

8:
28M.jpg

9: (I was probably just too close with my flash, but thought the photo is worth sharing anyway)
27M.jpg

Comments

• sujasuja Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    hi!
    I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!
    what kind of setup are you using? i love them. i wish i could take pictures like this.... any suggestions?
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    suja wrote:
    I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!
    what kind of setup are you using? i love them. i wish i could take pictures like this.... any suggestions?

Those are actually just some photos of my neighbors .... the photos were taken in their appartment / no special lighting, just my SB800 flash, that's it. Photoshop does the rest :D Glad you like them. :D
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Really amazing job clap.gif... I particulary love the one with all of their feet, pretty original.
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Beautiful, a lot of different variations. Excellent work, and what a cute little baby iloveyou.giflust
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Simply Amazing!
    I'm with Suja. I love them. The baby's eyes on #7 are incredible.

Would you consider posting a before/after photoshop comparison?

Great work.thumb.gifthumb.gif

-JB
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • Stella BellaStella Bella Registered Users Posts: 104 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Very nice! What beautiful eyes!

I have my first baby session next week (6 weeks old).
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Very nice set, really like them!! clap.gifclap.gif 1, 3, 5, & 7 are outstanding. Just love those eyes in #7. Only thing that bothers me just a little bit is on 2 & 4 I'm wondering if there should be a little contrast between the dads shirt and the background, if you dont study the pictures it kind of looks like the baby is just hanging out there in a weird position, dont get the feeling of him being held. Take it wait a grain of salt, could just be me.

Great job, keep up the excellent work!!
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
    edited November 19, 2007
    Very nice set, really like them!! clap.gifclap.gif 1, 3, 5, & 7 are outstanding. Just love those eyes in #7. Only thing that bothers me just a little bit is on 2 & 4 I'm wondering if there should be a little contrast between the dads shirt and the background, if you dont study the pictures it kind of looks like the baby is just hanging out there in a weird position, dont get the feeling of him being held. Take it wait a grain of salt, could just be me.

Great job, keep up the excellent work!!

Hmmm .... I know .... headscratch.gif I realized it once I was back at my desk ... I would have usually asked him to roll up his sleaves, so you can see his arm, but I just didn't see it when I took the photo + there is not much contrast to save anymore rolleyes1.gif
    edited November 19, 2007
    Very nice! What beautiful eyes!

I have my first baby session next week (6 weeks old).

Good luck! rolleyes1.gifI have a feeling with babies it can go either way .... it always depends on their mood ..... hope you planned in some time for your shooting rolleyes1.gif
  • caughtnactioncaughtnaction Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    re: baby pictures
    I love the work that you did on these pictures, I also like the feet I think that is very creative, and I would have to say that #9 is my favorite, beautiful eyes and cute dimples! KS
    edited November 19, 2007
    CTUphoto wrote:
    I'm with Suja. I love them. The baby's eyes on #7 are incredible.

Would you consider posting a before/after photoshop comparison?

Great work.thumb.gifthumb.gif

-JB
    ... Haha sure, I'll post the before-images ... just save me the "before-critique" rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for all your comments! iloveyou.gif

It's not quite the same image, but I think you see what I did. I didn not have a backdrop with me ++ we didn't want the baby to fall too far, so just in case .... we stayed close to the floor above a pillow.
    20B.jpg

That photo was actually quite alright I thought, I just kind of liked the cropped photo better ....
    21B.jpg

Magics of Photoshop mwink.gif
    22B.jpg

23B.jpg

I guess that photo was also not too bad to start with, but I wanted to focus more on those biiig eyes :)
    24B.jpg
  • Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    You are a magician! Thanks for posting the before and after. Your images are beautiful.

Kari
    C and C always welcome.
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    You got skillz!
    Thanks so much for posting the pre-PS shots. You've got great touch-up skills.bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

-JB
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
    edited November 20, 2007
    Thanks for all your comments
  • cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks for all your comments

Apart from the simply gorgeous shots you have shown a great skill in your use of Photoshop to bring a 'professional' looking image from a very ordinary backdrop. I would love to find a guide as to how you manage to change the background in such fine detail. I look at one image in particular where the babies fine threads of hair remain despite the change in background. Any tips, links etc? I have so many images of my grandchildren that a technique like this would do so much for.

Any help appreciated.
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com