Options

Quik question

studio girlstudio girl Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited November 20, 2007 in Technique
I hope this is posted in the right forum?
Would a person use the same f/stops and shutter speeds for sunsets and sunrises on a cruise ship as on land since you will be in motion with the ocean ?. :dunno
Canon EOS 40D / EF 28-135 ; EFS 18-55 Lens /Canon Speedlite 580EX .
http://studiogirl.smugmug .com/:thumb

Comments

• Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Would a person use the same f/stops and shutter speeds for sunsets and sunrises on a cruise ship as on land since you will be in motion with the ocean ?. ne_nau.gif

Since the cruise ship does not move like a Navy destroyer (I have ridden both) I see no reason to change the way I take sunrise/sunset pictures. The ship actually moves very little up and down and very little period with respect to the sun and the clouds you are shooting.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    The answer is no unless your main subject is something on the ship. Your camera movement is in sync with ship while everything else outside of the ship is not. I hope this makes sense.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    studio girlstudio girl Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    dmmattix wrote:
    Since the cruise ship does not move like a Navy destroyer (I have ridden both) I see no reason to change the way I take sunrise/sunset pictures. The ship actually moves very little up and down and very little period with respect to the sun and the clouds you are shooting.

Regards,

Mike

Thank You !
    Canon EOS 40D / EF 28-135 ; EFS 18-55 Lens /Canon Speedlite 580EX .
    http://studiogirl.smugmug .com/:thumb