Options

Some Photoshop photographic Actions

TheMightyZogTheMightyZog Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
edited November 26, 2007 in Technique
Hi,

If you would like to use some of the basic photographic Actions we have found, then feel free...

http://www.broadhurst-family.co.uk/lefteye/MainPages/actions.htm

Much of what we have learnt is due to Dan Margulis marvelous books and online tips. We (a small local PhotoGroup) have been attempting to get to grips with post-processing and thought we would pass on some of the things that particularly helped us get to the ignorant state that we are now at!

Also could the more experience Dgrinners please tell me if there is anybody else who knows Colour Theory and Image Processing like Dan does, as I'd love to be able to ask for a good book for Christmas!

Enjoy!
Chris

Comments

• Options
    cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    Hi,

If you would like to use some of the basic photographic Actions we have found, then feel free...

http://www.broadhurst-family.co.uk/lefteye/MainPages/actions.htm

Much of what we have learnt is due to Dan Margulis marvelous books and online tips. We (a small local PhotoGroup) have been attempting to get to grips with post-processing and thought we would pass on some of the things that particularly helped us get to the ignorant state that we are now at!

Also could the more experience Dgrinners please tell me if there is anybody else who knows Colour Theory and Image Processing like Dan does, as I'd love to be able to ask for a good book for Christmas!

Enjoy!
    Chris

Thanks very much. Actions are a great tool to use and are seriously underatedclap.gif
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com
  • Options
    mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    These actions are outstanding - thank you so much - I'm desperately trying to understand Dan's book and your actions are helping me along the path of discovery.
  • Options
    patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Chris...

Thank you so much for the actions and the link to your web site...It is a mine of information and i will be back many times till it sinks into my brain!!!

I am certaintly going to try your way to calibrate my PC...i understood all you said...not like some of the instructions on the web...

Loved the info on Macro....my favorite way to shoot...but i am just a beginer!!!

Patricia..........:D
  • Options
    mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Chris - it seems like we are on the hunt for the holy grail.

Some friendly ppl posted some good links in this post.

Lee Varis's book on skin colour is good too if you ppl in your PhotoGroup are into portraiture?

cheers
  • Options
    TheMightyZogTheMightyZog Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    manda wrote:
    Chris - it seems like we are on the hunt for the holy grail.

Some friendly ppl posted some good links in this post.

Lee Varis's book on skin colour is good too if you ppl in your PhotoGroup are into portraiture?

cheers
    What an excellent thread, especially getting to Stephen Marsh's Tech Vault - thank you for pointing me at it.

and Thank you Patricia for your kind words and I'm glad if web site was some help to you.

All the best