Options

Lost some Pop-Ups

shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited December 3, 2007 in Finishing School
I hope this is the right place for this, I am using PS 7.0, the other day while working with some images I noticed that when I opened my channel mixer the pop-up window does not show up any more on my screen, but it is functioning, because I get a the dropper tool, and if I click on a color I am able to make an adjustment. The same thing has happened to my unsharp mask. Everything else seems to function with no trouble.

I have removed & reloaded my program a few times and it just reloads with the same problem.

Any suggestions out there?

Thx
Shawn

Comments

• Options
    edited November 21, 2007
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2007
    shawnc wrote:
    Any Help?

does anyone have any suggestions? I am gettiing hits on this thread but no responses? Somebody must have some sort of cure.
  • Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Hi Shawn,

I'm surprised you haven't gotten any advice on this, but it may be that your title for this thread is a bit confusing. Pop-ups are what happens on the web. You're having trouble with the tool window. I would change the title and see if that helps. There are a lot of people who know a whole bunch about PS and you should get some attention.

Also, what kind of computer and OS are you on? Have you tried simply re-booting the computer? I had some strangeness like this happen awhile back and booting cleared it up. Just a suggestion.

And have you tried Adobe's website for troubleshooting, or contacted them? Or check for updates?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Try hitting the Tab key?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2007
    HarlanBear wrote:
    Hi Shawn,

what kind of computer and OS are you on? Have you tried simply re-booting the computer?
    And have you tried Adobe's website for troubleshooting, or contacted them? Or check for updates?

I am using a std desktop PC with windows XP. I have tried rebooting, re-installing the program, A hammer, cresent wrench, etc...eek7.gif
    I see a suggestion for the tab key, I will try that while the tool active and see if that will help. Otherwise website troubleshoot will be the next step.

Thx for the suggestions, notice title change.

Shawn
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Try hitting the Tab key?

Thx for suggestion,I will try that tonight to see if it works.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Just to elaborate a second on what DavidTO said..

Hitting the tab key shows/hides ALL the pallettes including the toolbar in Ps.
    Hitting the Shift+Tab key does the same thing, but it leaves the toolbar up. *This is REALLY useful if you need screen real estate really quickly but need to see the toolbar cuz don't know the shortcuts to tools yet.

What it sounds like to me is your desktop workspace just went a bit kaka. Try resetting the workspace to your default settings.
    Or you can really customize your desktop and get all the menus where you want them to sit, then save the workspace!

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Hitting the tab key shows/hides ALL the pallettes including the toolbar in Ps.
    Hitting the Shift+Tab key does the same thing, but it leaves the toolbar up. *This is REALLY useful if you need screen real estate really quickly but need to see the toolbar cuz don't know the shortcuts to tools yet.

What it sounds like to me is your desktop workspace just went a bit kaka. Try resetting the workspace to your default settings.

Hey Guys, all great suggestions, but none work. I reset my desktop, I hit shift tab & just tab. they functioned perfect.
    When I open my channel mixer from the menu at the top tool bar I get a dropper tool but no tool window. Same thing when I open my unsharp mask, I have the magnifier tool but no window. Luckily I can just hit enter and it closes the tool. I can open my channel mixer thru my layers pallet and the tool window does appear and function normally. This has got me stumped & I'm sure its something simple.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    shawnc wrote:
    Hey Guys, all great suggestions, but none work. I reset my desktop, I hit shift tab & just tab. they functioned perfect.
    When I open my channel mixer from the menu at the top tool bar I get a dropper tool but no tool window. Same thing when I open my unsharp mask, I have the magnifier tool but no window. Luckily I can just hit enter and it closes the tool. I can open my channel mixer thru my layers pallet and the tool window does appear and function normally. This has got me stumped & I'm sure its something simple.
    Something simple would have been something we mentioned. Sounds kind of like a bug to me at this point. What OS are you running this on?
    Any network/local upgrades or installs that happened recently?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    I would reinstall the application at this point.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    I would reinstall the application at this point.

I have un-installed & re-installed twice and it re-installs with the same problem. My original installation did not have this problem to begin with.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Did you try restarting it while holding down alt-control-shift? That will reset Photoshop to it's default settings.

There's probably a registry setting somewhere that got messed up.