What I've been up to lately....

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited November 22, 2007 in People
These are from a set I did a couple weeks ago. I have finally found the time to get the PP done and get the proofs available. This day was a circus. I met these pretty young ladies that morning, rushed off to the travelling Vietnam Wall Memorial, then did a wedding after lunch. Whew!!!

Anyway, C&C is always welcomed.

222564645-L.jpg

222568227-M.jpg

222569600-M.jpg

222570503-M.jpg

222572685-M.jpg

222568779-M.jpg

222566239-M.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Very nice Jeff clap.gifclap Young ladies are beautiful, you did an awesome job!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Very nice Jeff clap.gifclap Young ladies are beautiful, you did an awesome job!

Thanks,

It was tougher that one might think. The two little ones are both two year olds. Having the croquet set was a lifesaver, and actually helped to slow them down. They suddenly became very interested once I started pulling stuff out of the bag.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    These are great. You did an awesome job and I'm sure the ladies will be well pleased with these results.

Here's some minor C&C (the shots really are very good)
    1. Crop just a bit off the top
    2. A slightly higher camera position might have been in order here
    3. I mostly like the composition on this one. You have the young lady at the end of the bench, without having her right on the end which makes it a little more casual/relaxed. However, I think you are a bit too "square on" to the bench. Moving a step or two to your left or right would have increased the visual interest of the photo (just MHO).
    4. This is so cute. Love it.iloveyou.gif Clone out the wicket in the lower right?
    5. Very, very nice! clap.gif Nothing needed here aside from a slight crop from the top unless you are leaving room for different size prints.
    6. Same comment as #2 - camera position is a touch too low I'm thinking.
    7. Too centered. For next time, move them further to the right of the frame, giving them some room to move into - Just a thought. Oh, and that building in the backgroundheadscratch.gif
    edited November 21, 2007
    These are great. You did an awesome job and I'm sure the ladies will be well pleased with these results.

Here's some minor C&C (the shots really are very good)
    1. Crop just a bit off the top
    2. A slightly higher camera position might have been in order here
    3. I mostly like the composition on this one. You have the young lady at the end of the bench, without having her right on the end which makes it a little more casual/relaxed. However, I think you are a bit too "square on" to the bench. Moving a step or two to your left or right would have increased the visual interest of the photo (just MHO).
    4. This is so cute. Love it.iloveyou.gif Clone out the wicket in the lower right?
    5. Very, very nice! clap.gif Nothing needed here aside from a slight crop from the top unless you are leaving room for different size prints.
    6. Same comment as #2 - camera position is a touch too low I'm thinking.
    7. Too centered. For next time, move them further to the right of the frame, giving them some room to move into - Just a thought. Oh, and that building in the backgroundheadscratch.gif

I have learned to leave plenty room for crops.....for different print sizes, and usually make those cuts at order time. The bench shot was very square on. It was an attempt at the old rule of thirds. I rarely do carefully squared up or framed shots, so this was out of sorts for me. Number 7....the group walking, was really just a snap I got while they were walking from one spot to the next. The building in the BG is a garden shed on the park property. It is built to look like an old acadian home. Anyway, I liked the hint of fall I guess....more than I disliked the building? If that makes sense. Anyway....thanks for taking the time for a detailed response, those are the best and most helpful. I am taking your military wife shoot to heart, and have made contact through my church with a young lady whose better half is serving in the middle east. I plan to get her a set of photos to send, and will then get a Sunday School class to take ownership of the program to find sponsors, and recipients for more families. There are 20 or so names of soldiers on the prayer list at Church, and I thought that would be a good avenue for me to take with this. So far, I have taken off work to do it this weeken, but cannot get in touch with the young woman. Anyway that is a different issue that will eventually be resolved. I just wanted to say thank you for posting those photos to inspire others of us to follow suit. You are good people!!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    These are wonderful. I really like all of them, but especially the first one. The color, the bokeh and the expression are terrific.
    edited November 22, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    These are wonderful. I really like all of them, but especially the first one. The color, the bokeh and the expression are terrific.

Thanks David

She was SUPPOSED to be sitting on a bench with her older sister and cousin, but instead she was hanging off the back of a different bench. I actually caught a string of a dozen or so great shots of this with all manner of expressions. She was definately clowning. It is tough to beat the bokeh of Canon's 85mm F1,8 prime. It is also a very sharp lens. It is not easy to use a prime with small active kids, but I guess I won this round!