My entry

kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited November 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
222651590-L.jpg

Is ambient for life at the momo. which is technically - all round light, on me. shadow on herrrrrrrrr etc etc etc etceteceteteteteteceterA
I watch as my girl evolves into her own strong woman, as my mother did with myself. My mother and I, we have our 'region' but yes :bow I watch it evolve

so my entry is not techno perfecto, or fantasmo, I could re-shoot, I could even PS, but when I took this last weekend, my daughter was thinking about the boy that dumped her today, and I was thinking about my mother :rofl Two completely self-involved beings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so there you have it! Right now, mother's and daughter's rule until after January and in any other LPS, my lax of perfection might have stood a chance :cry NOT! just kidding there!

and yes, ever since I said fantasmo by error one night, my teens and tweens have decided I am a nerd. and all words end in O - excuse my household lingo :)

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    kp-pix,

All I can see is the red x? do you have photo sharing enabled for the galery this image is in?

Winston
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    whoops! rolleyes1.gif

thank you :D
    edited November 24, 2007
    OK, another few possibilities in case I don't get a chance to shoot tomorrow. Overall, the first shot is an emotional, off camera shot, taken whilst I was taking these of the teens/tweens in mind for the contest. My mother, whom I am not close to and have not seen for 5 years but talk/type to, has some weird thing that the silly medical profession is taking like 6 months to diagnose if it is the big C, or something else. Not nice for anyone to go through, regardless. Anyway, I had taken the below and set up the cam to actually grab a shot of my girl and I together. Unlike my mother and I at this age, we are very close but don't have many pics together, but I saw the above and chuckled - so we think - all involved in our own realm, whatever that may be.

So these were my other possibilities to entry, in case my massive head cold and emotional attachment are clouding my judgement.

Opinion appreciated, be kind though, I have a toxic nose rolleyes1.gif

Any of my daughter would be titled 'Guitar girl" or something, if I think of it

224851133-L.jpg

224851146-L.jpg

224851161-L.jpg

and the one of my son

Of course I did!

224851175-L.jpg
    edited November 24, 2007
    seriously - be gentle and toxic nose was humour, about my sneezing

comment and critique away

tonka tough - aussie sarcasm! :D or I will say 'AM I CHOPPED LIVER' don't leave me hanging here boohoo :cry:D
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I've been largely off-net most of this round, so I'm not up on any of the arguments that might have taken place over the meaning of the words in this theme.. Ambient to me is a sort of "as-is" thing, making the best use of what's already there..

Your first one along the "guitar girl" theme, the b&w high key shot, is really nice. She is putting her emotion into the making of music.. That's the one.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited November 24, 2007
    I orginally thought so too, to be honest...ummm'd and ahhhh'd.

Thank you iloveyou.gif That was my favourite beyond the emotional moments :) This is why I asked, my first judgement was the gorgeous tween (her title for her fine self)
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Oh, I love the first shot in your new set. The emotion there is wonderful. Definitely the high-key b&w for me. :D
    edited November 24, 2007
    Thank you very much :Dclap.gif b&w high key it is!!!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I like your Mom/Daughter photo...it definently leaves a story up to the viewer...So many stories you could suggest from that photo....Daughter growing up, mother upset afraid she is loosing touch with her baby girl.......Daughter gets busted for something she has done, Mom doesn't know what to do....The scenario displayed is a familiar one...I remember it well, both as a daughter and as a mom. lol

Nice Presentation
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I reather like #1 in the second group.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
    edited November 24, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Agreed Tentacion and thanks for your view (same as mine) but my b&w stories have risen to the occassion like a lead balloon with the lps judges lol so I thought I would try something else.
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Oh, judges, smudges! Go with the one you like the most and fits the theme best. That said, I'm where you are... I can't seem to decide on my entry, either...
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com