LPS 16 Game Time

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited November 21, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey y'all, time to play "help Trav's confused mind settle on a selection". The contestents this round are below. The usual rules apply - critiques, criticisms, and slams are encouraged.

The host location was Colonial Williamsburg, VA. For those that have not been there, I highly recommend a visit. I often take it for granted seeing that it is so close by. Aside from the historical significance and the photo opportunities, the people there are truly wonderful. Additional photos can be found in http://owney.smugmug.com/gallery/3865338#223858143

223977270-L.jpg

223977685-L.jpg

223977568-L.jpg

223977382-L.jpg

223977787-L.jpg

Thanks y'all! Have a happy Thanksgiving (for those here in the states.) Gooble Gooble.

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    I think 5 has the most potential.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    I agree about #5. what abour # 26 in your gallery? the one with the building and the carriage going past? it's a neat shot
  • quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    I like #2. Good light and composition.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Just my opinion...
    Hello Travis.

I agree with the others about number five. I really like the pp work you've done.

There are a couple things I might change. On the upper right there looks like the corner of something sticking out. I would either crop or clone it out.

Also, I think the starkness of the fence I might tone down and one of the post by the horses faces. I don't know, I might try cloning that out.

Of course these are only suggestions.

This is a gorgeous shot with lovely light.

You have another one similar to this at the end of your gallery but I like the angle of this one best.

Hope this helps.

Peace, Gail
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you to.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Thanks for the input y'all. It is interesting that the one shot that I wasn't considering that strongly is the one that has the most "votes". :D I appreciate it!!! Gooble gooble.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Man, I've been wanting to get to Williamsburg for the longest time!

All the photos in your gallery are lovely.

I like #5 but something about it looks off with the shadows. Maybe a little too much shadow/highlight tool?

What I'm surprised at is that you didn't consider this one:

http://owney.smugmug.com/photos/223858242-S-1.jpg

It's absolutely lovely and the light is gorgeous!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Man, I've been wanting to get to Williamsburg for the longest time!

All the photos in your gallery are lovely.

I like #5 but something about it looks off with the shadows. Maybe a little too much shadow/highlight tool?

What I'm surprised at is that you didn't consider this one:

http://owney.smugmug.com/photos/223858242-S-1.jpg

It's absolutely lovely and the light is gorgeous!

Thanks Linda. Actually the PP for all of the photos took a total of 30 minutes using Lightroom. For #5 I pushed the recovery and black sliders before backing off the saturation. I liked the effect but it definitely isn't for everyone. :D

The photo that you referenced is actually 1 of 7 that I'm considering but I did not want to post too many for feedback. The more I think about it, the more I like it as an entry. I appreciate the feedback!

223977109-L.jpg