Park Bench

DizzydeeDizzydee Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited November 24, 2007 in Landscapes
Hi All,
I took this photo during a nature walk behind the building I work in. What do you think?

pic4.jpg

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    I like it. Simple, yet interestingly elegant. I actually would clone out the wording on the top - I find it distracting to the composition (totally subjective however - others may disagree). But, otherwise - I think it is great!
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Very intresting! looks like that bench have many stories to tell ( if it could speak ofcourse ) Like the roughnes of it. Great conversion. clap.gif
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    i agree with the roughness and the composition on the lower half. i'm not so fond of the post processing spotlight in the upper half, it's too obvious for me.. headscratch.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • DizzydeeDizzydee Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Hi All,
    Thank you so much for your comments. I have incorporated them into the photo: I cloned out the word "Gore" at the top of the bench and I lesson the severity of the spotlight. I didn't get rid of the spotlight totally because ultimately I like the effect it produces. C&C is welcome. Thanks.

pic4a.jpg
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Dizzydee wrote:
    Hi All,
    Thank you so much for your comments. I have incorporated them into the photo: I cloned out the word "Gore" at the top of the bench and I lesson the severity of the spotlight. I didn't get rid of the spotlight totally because ultimately I like the effect it produces. C&C is welcome. Thanks.

pic4a.jpg

nice to see you work with the comments. its all a learning game so glad to see you putting you money where your mouth is. thumb.gif

although.. :D you dont have to do it just because i gave my opinion.. rolleyes1.gif
    meybe i'm just a nutter with a bad bad taste.. rolleyes1.gif

the reason i say this: i may be confusing you but with the new pp the image has gone a little softy..as in; bland headscratch.gif

lets see what others have to say.. :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • DizzydeeDizzydee Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Hi Chris,
    I love comments and I keep an open mind with my photos. So, I try to incorporate the comments the best I can and see what results. I see what you mean with the lastest rendering of my photo. I thought I had loss something I just couldn't put my finger on it. I decide to add a little color back in the photo and see how that works and I like the mood of it. What say you.ear.gif

Added a little color:
    pic4b.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I like the original, actually! The spotlight adds a moodiness that is only emphasized by the clarity and darkness of the word "gore." It's actually kind of ominous, which I find pretty cool for a subject as innocent as a park bench. thumb.gif
  • argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I like the original...nice, simple composition with strong lines (without Gore, of course...although he is known to impersonate a board at times). :D
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer