Ahhhh!! I'm starting to flip-flop!

FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited November 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been on a portrait rampage lately, and now I have THREE favorites! Would anyone like to give their insight?

Beautiful Baby
221389126-L-1.jpg

Oh, Those Eyes...
224068029-L.jpg

I Love You
221310486-L.jpg

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    I find that the look of love for his mother, on the third choice, is superb. Any mother would die for a capture like this; such a sincere look of admiration from her son. He is looking directly at her smile, and he likes it, a lot. You made some mother happyy with this shot. It would be my choice.
    Growing with Dgrin

• imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Hey Felicia, I would go for number 3. No doubt that's gonna tug on some hearts.iloveyou.gif Nicely Done.....

Joe
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    For sure!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    All 3 are excellent Felicia. While I'm partial to #2, I agree that there is more context in #3. Your portrait photography is getting better with every click of the shutter!
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Thanks for giving me some direction, guys! Thanks for noticing that I'm getting better, Travis. :D I noticed this past week how much more comfortable I am getting with my camera and my new 85mm lens. Man, I love that lens!

I'm bowing to the advice of the wiser and more experienced and am switching my entry. Thank you!

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I say the first one, of the little girl, is the best of the lot. The framing, the crop, the eyes, the expression.. Then the soft light on the skin makes the best use of available light. The reflection in the eyes is more interesting as well. I know it's not the one you have out there now, but it's the best one.

Great work, Felicia!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    (Sigh)

Thanks swintonphoto & Hoofie! So now I'm back to flipping and flopping... :D

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Felicia...this isn't going to help...but I really like #1. It portrays to me such a sense of innocence...That little wispy flip of her hair, the sparkle in her eyes, and how she looks directly at that camera..like "I'm Here".
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    If these were my pictures

1. I would be thrilled that I was able to get such beautiful shots

2. I would be really confused right now

3. I might flip a coin.headscratch.gif

But seriously...

Theme wise #1 may be more ambient. But I think they are both wonderful portraits.

There is more of a story and feeling behind #3 though which is why I suggested it before.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Oh, such lovely portraits! clap.gif The story in #3 wins me over, but I'm a sucker for a story. :D Very nicely done, Felicia.