Reaching a Decision

awmphotoawmphoto Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited November 25, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, I've narrowed it down to an image that I feel works for the theme, but I'm having trouble deciding what one I like best. So, what better place to ask for help then here? I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions.

224455958-M.jpg

224456026-M.jpg

Thanks in advance your help!
awmphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    I like #1 the best, but that's because I'm a color junkie... :D
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    I like them both but I think it would look great in sepia.

just my 2cents

Peace, gail
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    I prefer #1. The black and white is too stark and cold. Maybe a warmer mono treatment, like sepia, would work.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    #1. I like B&W but I don't think it applies here well.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    IMHO, the color one. The B/W is too cold. I agree with the other dgrinner that maybe warming it up would help. But the color one is already warm.
  • awmphotoawmphoto Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Thanks everyone for taking your time to help me out, I hadn't even though of a sepia one and I will definitely work on that. Thanks again for your time and if anyone else has any suggestions I am completely open.
    awmphoto.smugmug.com
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Another vote for #1. I think the color version lends to the light aspect if that is possible. I'd like to see a little fill light on the left side of the face (our right side). The stark shadow hides the eye and for some reason is a bit distracting. Other than that, it is a really cool portrait.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    The color version also gets my vote. thumb.gif The black and white version is nice too, but the whites look a bit harsh.
  • awmphotoawmphoto Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Well time to mix it up, I was messing around with one of my friends working on a marketing project for a class and I set up a few shots for an "ad" we had to make. Low and behold I realized I had another shot that may work, so now its between the original color (1) the new sepia (2) and the totally new picture (3)

224455958-M.jpg

224787084-M.jpg

224787094-M.jpg

Let me know what you think! I've loved all the feedback so far and I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out!
    awmphoto.smugmug.com
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I think your original #1 is marvelous. No need to go b&w with the black background. The colors really use the light.

The sepia doesn't do it for me at all. And the new one is OK, but to me not nearly so interesting from a lighting point of view.

Virginia

Email
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Another vote for the color version. thumb.gif I'd like to see a much-less-yellow sepia version, something much more subtle than your updated one, as well. ne_nau.gif
  • swphotoswphoto Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Nice pictures Andy, man I look good in that ski one haha :ivar
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    FWIW - I like the "ski" photo, like the lighting on this...:D
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote