Options

LR to Ps roundtrip issues *video example

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited December 7, 2007 in Finishing School
Happy thanksgiving everybody!

While I'm working in Lr and find an image I want to edit further in Ps, I right click and send it to be edited in Ps. After I save the image and go to view the final product back in Lr. This image looks WAY overexposed.

Please take note of how the image looks in Lr, then Ps and back to Lr.

Sorry for the pregnant pause in the middle of the video. I was waiting for Ps to save, but it saved the tif before I even saw a dialog box.

NOTE:
Just upgraded to CS3 and set up my color space right away on all apps. So if it's a color space issue, it's something much deeper than user settings. PS color space sRGB.

Screen grab video.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    Hey all.

I just wanted to post the answer to this question for the archives sake.

What is happening is default Develop settings are being "double-applied" by Lr.

When you are done editing the image in Ps and save it. Lr acts like it's ingesting the image and exposes the image w/ the same adjustments it did when it initially imported. Thus double exposing the image.

To quickly fix this (or make sure it's not the case) go to Lr preferences then the presets tab. Then make sure none of the Auto apply adjustmens are selected.

Now I can round trip in these two apps and acts like it should.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 7, 2007
    Great answer, Jon!!

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this, for all the other readers who may have experienced this issue.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin