New to this site, thought I would share.

JSimonianJSimonian Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited November 25, 2007 in People
Hello! I've been a member of this site for a little while lurking around and looking for information and I've now decided to post up a photo for review.

The photo is of my Daughter and was taken last Sunday in our back yard. Let me know what you think.
223534772-L.jpg
J. Simonian
SmugMug Gallery

Comments

• DJTHEMACDJTHEMAC Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    beautiful eyes. nice shot! thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    JSimonian wrote:
    Hello! I've been a member of this site for a little while lurking around and looking for information and I've now decided to post up a photo for review.

The photo is of my Daughter and was taken last Sunday in our back yard. Let me know what you think.

Hello to you too JSimonia thumb.gif
    Your daughter is a very attractive young lady.
    What beautiful eyes she has.

Welcome to the Forum, now that your not lurking anymore,
    I hope you will continue to share you work.

Beautiful First Post clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    Welcome ...
    to the club. I hope you enjoy it here and choose to share more of your photos.

This photo is very good. I visited your site and looked around a bit and discovered that this photo is no fluke. You have a lot of very, very nice photos there.
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2007
    I like your photo # IMG_7422-Edit the best... rolleyes1.gif Ahhhh... nothing like a child with a sense of humor! :D
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • JSimonianJSimonian Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Thanks for the responses! Yes, the cross-eyed photo is pretty funny to us as well! She does have a good sense of humor.

I don't know how to multi-quote on this board otherwise I would respond to each of you individually. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the kind words!
    J. Simonian
    SmugMug Gallery
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    J, cool shot indeed. She is a very photogenic young lady, and like others have said, with a good sense of humor and casualness about the camera work. Great model! If I could only get my oldest son to play along! The shots on the site are very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing. Tell us a bit more about your shooting, equipment, what moves you, etc?

Thanks,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • JSimonianJSimonian Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Nacho wrote:
    J, cool shot indeed. She is a very photogenic young lady, and like others have said, with a good sense of humor and casualness about the camera work. Great model! If I could only get my oldest son to play along! The shots on the site are very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing. Tell us a bit more about your shooting, equipment, what moves you, etc?

Thanks,

N

Bribery works for me. Before shooting, I asked her if she would be willing to let me take photos of her and asked if I could take her to Target to get a few different shirts to use. Seemed to work, well, for an hour anyway! She also got some new make up, which I'm sure helped the situation. She's only 15, btw.

As far as shooting, equipment and what moves me.... I'm a family type photography enthusiast, meaning I'm no pro, but I like shooting my family and friends at various functions.

My equpment consists of: Canon 30D, a few lenses (total of 5, so far), 430EX flash and other bits a bobs to help me with photography. I need all the help I can get! I would love to get the 5D, but is too cost prohibitive for me at the moment. I'm trying to buy good glass that will make that transition eventually.

"What moves me" ~ is anything that I can learn from and hopefully photograph well. I love scenic landscapes and portraits. I also shoot jewelry for my brothers jewelry line (Very difficult for me). Also, the guitar photos on my site belong to him.

I guess that's about it! Thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment on this, and other photos on my site!
    J. Simonian
    SmugMug Gallery