Confusion, Confusion, Input Please

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited November 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Choices, Choices...

We are in a battle at my house....Everyone has a Different Opinion of what I should enter in the LPS round....

Help fellow Digrinners!

Current Entry..."Quiet Bliss" (I liked this one, cuz it was soft and I felt it had a "victorian" look")
289826732.jpg

"After 5"

289866149.jpg

"Serenity"?? (Almost the same as first one, slightly different angle, and slight change of lighting)
289866146.jpg
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I lean towards #1
    The only thing that completely distracts me is the out of focus....they aren't sharp at all and are difficult to look at. The ambient light would really come across if the images weren't so soft...almost like camera shake. I do think you're on to something theme wise....I'd go with #1.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    #2 for me
    The soft looks fits very nicely with the subject but the dark pillow(?) distracts me in both #1 and #3 - especially in #3.

I would be tempted to try a square crop on #2, croppiing just below the second candle from the left to show some of the bubbles. Or maybe a vertical - cutting out most of the shower curtin and the fishie on the wall but leaving her enough room in the frame.

Good luck!

Virginia

Email
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    This is a tough one
    I like both #1 and #2. And, I know that doesn't help. rolleyes1.gif

For the purposes of this contest you may want to consider #2 because the soft focus you used in #1 may be misconstrued as out of focus by a judge and it may hurt your chances. What's kind of cool about #2 is the way your model is surrounded by the candle lights and their reflections. It really draws the eye toward her.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    After 5... I would clone out the candle reflections though... Any one you go with I would clone out candle reflections...:D

The softness doesn't bother me so much, but the judges might not dig it... I have no idea what I am talking about, don't even know who the judges will be?!?!?ne_nau.gif I don't think I have a clue as to what this theme is all about... Is it a no theme or is the theme really ambient or flash?

Sorry about the rant on your post...
    Winston
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I love love love the ladies head position in number 1 and the softness too, but also am really in love with the softness in number 3. I totally love these shots but have to agree on the candle reflection.

I don't know, I don't help as the aim is for the judges and who knows what will be or what they like!

Other than that, I really love these images clap.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Tenty, I'd stick with number 1. It conveys a mood that I can't totally describe..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Hey just wanted to thank everyone. This was a really tough decision for me....I tend to agree with you all.....Always so hard to decide..."Softness" could be construed as OOF (which it wasn't..Laughing.gif),

Soooo

Even though I loved the feel of #1, I went with number 2 "After 5" which has a mixture of soft and hard, and I incorporated some changes from all the suggestions...I wanted to keep the photo as "virgin" as I could, hopefully basic editing is still considered "virgin"...Laughing.gif (got to first and second base, but never a home run ..ha ha hows that for analogy on my part...(ok I'll stop))...

As a woman, and a mom, I related to #2...a relaxing bubble bath is a luxury for a lot of us females, and it would definently have to be "After 5" ...Laughing.gif

As I said...THANK YOU for your time, comments, and CC, it was appreciated!!

Good Luck with this Round.
    Donna
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I'm a bit late (having been gone for turkey day), but I like After 5. thumb.gif The composition pulls me into the story more. I think someone suggested a square crop on that one, and I would agree. Slicing a little off the left side could really hone this in perfectly.

Lovely capture. clap.gif
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I'm late on this also.
    I see that that you've entered After 5, and I think you picked the right one.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    You picked well.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    :D Thank You all for your support. :D