Drunks in Anchorage

tnoisawtnoisaw Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited November 26, 2007 in Landscapes
I took this shot in the early 80's on 4th Street in Anchorage, Alaska when i lived there. This was taken with an Olympis OM10 film camera. I scanned it from the original picture so the quality is not that great. The guy with his arm in the air was asleep like that.
Drunkswithborder.jpg

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    very striking! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • DizzydeeDizzydee Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I really like this. You captured life at levels many people ignore.clap.gif
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Drunks eh, if they aren't bending over backwards on a park bench practicing Hatha Yoga their getting tuned into Kung-Fu.

A near perfect example of 'The Directional Crane' (Change of speed, direction and height) on the left and a great display of a Tigers hand on the right...

Nice shot.

The Shaolin Kung Fu Crane Stylist
    The Crane stylist prefers a harmonious environment and would sooner walk away from a conflict than even consider partaking in it. The Crane Stylist is a dancer, the most beautiful mover of all the Shaolin Animals. It's forms a beautiful, graceful and full of elegance. All though all movements, each turn and hop, each pause have a meaning, often a Crane stylists practice of form will look more like a dance. They are very light on their feet and can be mistaken for Ballet Dancers at the highest level

Liang-I Shaolin Kung Fu Tiger Forms
    Forms are an important aspect of any style. In centuries gone by, a form would be the style; contain all the techniques, strategies and movements. Shaolin Kung Fu with it's 1000 years of development has outgrown the one form one principle simplicity.

Bod.
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Don't think he's sleeping...more like passed out. mwink.gif
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Your photo caught the sadness of reality for those who have little.

Dogdots/Mary
  • pantherlaxpantherlax Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    I love the photo and the quote goes great with it.

But it reminds me of those poster things that they put up in high schools with a photo and some words like "Inspiration". Its really corny and no one looks at those annoying things anymore. But yours isnt like that, it just reminds me of one of them lol.
    Anyone know what I'm talking about?
  • tnoisawtnoisaw Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Thanks ya all. The more I look at it the more I like the roughness of the processing. I kinda fits the subject.