Teen Dreams

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited November 28, 2007 in People
I caught this shot of my daughter at a pageant a couple weeks ago. We decided not to pursue the Miss Teen Louisiana USA Pageant that I told some of you about. It was just too much with all of the other things she had going with college applications. This pageant is one they have every year at her high school and she won 2nd alternate.....or third place in plain english. And phooey on Miss Teen. WE found out today that she was accepted to Baylor, and has been offered a very tempting scholorship. The jury is still out on college. WE are waiting to hear from her first choice school.

I had been using fill flash on the group of dance shots this came from. I had accidentally left the camera on continuos shutter mode. The flash fires in this mode, but doesn't fully recycle unless the batteries are super fresh. I liked this best of the set because of the rim lighting from the spot light behind them.

Thanks for looking!!!
225009118-L.jpg

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Maybe I am supposed to say thanks......for all the views?:D
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    congrats on your daughter being 3rd in a beauty peageant!

however, dont get snippy because nobody comments.. we've all been there, just pick yourself up and make something more provoking.

As i look at your photo your daughter looks to be very pretty but honestly speaking, i really cant tell because her face is blurred.. eek7.gif nor can i say much about the gentlemen because of the light. Sorry, but in my oppinion; appart from the story behind it and the good news, there isn't much photographically speaking to work with.. ne_nau.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007

however, dont get snippy because nobody comments.. we've all been there, just pick yourself up and make something more provoking.

As i look at your photo your daughter looks to be very pretty but honestly speaking, i really cant tell because her face is blurred.. eek7.gif nor can i say much about the gentlemen because of the light. Sorry, but in my oppinion; appart from the story behind it and the good news, there isn't much photographically speaking to work with.. ne_nau.gif

15524779-Ti.gif that was well said.

i think the photo would be more powerful/enjoyable if the light was not shooting out of the top of his head.

congrats anyway thumb.gif and your daughter is really beautiful!
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Jeff, the photo doesn't do much for me either. But I have seen photos of your daughter (the cheerleader, right?) and all I can say is that if she was 3rd I sure would like to see 1 and 2. You child is just plain beautiful. I know no other words to describe her. Good luck in selecting her college. I am sure she will do great in anything she undertakes.

Dave
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007

Well, it is only a snapshot, and a bit of a story. I posted the thread because I had discussed some of these events with a few of the NICER folks here on the boards. I just thought that it was FUNNY with well over a hundred views and no replies. And no, I wasn't planning on sending it to the whipping post either.mwink.gif

biggrinbounce2.gif
    Have a nice day
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Jeff,

I love the shot and congratulations to your daughter on the pageant and the scholorship. I hope she gets her first choice though.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Maybe I am supposed to say thanks......for all the views?:D

Ahh, so tactful! Laughing.gif!

Very cool shot! It's funny how the accidental ones are sometimes the favorites!

Congrats to your daughter!! She's gorgeous....