Help with entry

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited November 25, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Didn't have time to do what I wanted but have these two. Last minute entry...which would you enter?

Thanks in advance.

1) Power Sucker
Single image tweaked in Lightroom only. Non-composited. Just a great model.
225052071-L.jpg

or 2)
We're Expecting

225044713-L.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Wild!
    It really is too bad you cannot enter both!

One tugs at the heart

The other tugs at my eyelids to go wide!

I'm on a very sharp fence, about to teeter over into the side of the heart but probably because my heart is what seems to be sensitive this week. (my eyes are tired)

The first has several things in it that bug me but it still is a very interesting photo for content.

so #2 it is.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Hell's bells, man, do you ever have a bad idea? mwink.gif #1 made me laugh out loud--what a wonderful concept! The post-processing puts me off a bit, which is why I lean a bit more toward #2. How absolutely lovely this image is, composition- and storywise. I didn't quite get the title of the piece--the mother doesn't look very pregnant--but was able to read the cover on the book, which tied it together for me. thumb.gif

That was a very long way of saying #2 gets my vote. :D
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    So does this mean there's going to be another little Hatch running around soon????

I'm going to be absolutely no help. I love #2 for the gentle, quiet, stirring story it tells me. I love #1 because it's so doggone funny... There! Did that answer the question?... :D NO? Hmh.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I have to go with #1.
    The look on the kids face is great. (to say nothing of the photography)mwink.gif
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    So does this mean there's going to be another little Hatch running around soon????

Had an ultra sound last Monday. It's a girl (number 6)! Took all the kids out of school to go with us. They are soooooooo excited.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    I have to say #1....Love the composition, it's very different (or perhaps just cuz I'm not a mushy person..Kiddin") and the title...Nice Work.:D

Wow Shatch..you have 6 KIDS??? Oh My...Blessed Be and Many Blessing's to the Wife...Laughing.gif
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited November 24, 2007
    shatch wrote:
    Had an ultra sound last Monday. It's a girl (number 6)! Took all the kids out of school to go with us. They are soooooooo excited.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!clap.gifclap.gif :ivar :ivar

Wow! You guys rock! 6 kidlets! I don't know how your wife does it, because I feel I've lost my mind with just 3 wonderfully rambunctious little boys...

How wonderful!

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    shatch wrote:

BTW Congratulations!
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    #1 has excellent techniques
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Oh my! It has to be number 2 on having 6 kidlets as it is. Well done on both counts. Congratulations!!

On a side note, gee you have an amazing idea pot!! Number 1 is awesome!

Both so different and difficult to choose!!!
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Thank you all for your input and congratulations! I don't know why I even bother with struggling with the choice...there are so many good entries already that this will be a token entry.
    edited November 24, 2007
    shatch wrote:
    Thank you all for your input and congratulations! I don't know why I even bother with struggling with the choice...there are so many good entries already that this will be a token entry.

PSheah! Right! rolleyes1.gif

• fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    congrats!
    shatch wrote:
    Felicia wrote:

clap.gif
    Congrats on number SIX... wow!
    thumb.gif
    frank
    dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
    We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Congratulations on #6. Where do you find the time for photography with 6 kids? rolleyes1.gif Then again, they probably provide you with dozens of really good photo ops.

As for the LPS choices, I am torn between both of your selections. #1 is hilarious! But #2 really pulls at me as well.

IMHO both are fabulous so I'm going to give you the same advice I gave Swartzy: I think you'll need to flip a coin! :D