Different font on different computers

chipphillipschipphillips Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited November 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I logged on to my site from a couple of other computers over the holiday and saw different fonts. I was wondering which font you see when you log on. It is Papyrus on my computer when I am logged in or out, which is what I have it set to in my CSS. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I seem to be having some really strange problems....You all probably hate me by now. I just want to make sure things are right. Thanks, Chip
www.chipphillipsphotography.com

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 24, 2007
    I logged on to my site from a couple of other computers over the holiday and saw different fonts. I was wondering which font you see when you log on. It is Papyrus on my computer when I am logged in or out, which is what I have it set to in my CSS. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I seem to be having some really strange problems....You all probably hate me by now. I just want to make sure things are right. Thanks, Chip
    www.chipphillipsphotography.com

Hi,

Papyrus is not installed on everyone's computer, so if the person viewing your site does not have Papyrus installed, they will not see that font. Instead, they will see their default font for their browser.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • chipphillipschipphillips Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Hi,

Papyrus is not installed on everyone's computer, so if the person viewing your site does not have Papyrus installed, they will not see that font. Instead, they will see their default font for their browser.

I had no idea...Thanks for the response!!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2007