Options

Model shoots

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited March 11, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I was approched today about shooting some hooter girls. It seems that they are wanting to start a portfolio.

For you model shooters, what package's do you give? Do you suggest x number of photo's, and package them into a portfolio?

Whats the typical price? I don't want to run these girls off by being to expensive, since this is my first time doing this, it will help me out alot also.

I'm kinda limited on lens right now, 50 1.8, 18-55, and 28-105 USM. They will be taken with my 20D and I'll use my sigma super 500 flash. I also have some home made lights. Reflectors bought at home depot and I use 100 watt GE Reveal bulbs in them. Any way to maybe soften those lights up?

I do have model release forms which will be signed.

Comments

• Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    I have no advice, but a request.

Post the results. rolleyes1.gif
    :hide
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    JDS Have you considered a TFP shoot since this is something new for you as well? I just started doing some studio/model work and plan on doing bout 10 TFP shoots before I consider charging.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    JDS Have you considered a TFP shoot since this is something new for you as well? I just started doing some studio/model work and plan on doing bout 10 TFP shoots before I consider charging.
    Actually after some suggestions on FM I was thinking about a cheap setting fee, $50-100, then just do TFCD, maybe 10-15 shots each.
  • Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    Do it free. What's it going to take? 2 or 3 hours tops. Make them perfect. Make them look fantastic. The free publicity from that one experience will surprise you.

I shot some dogs (no pun intended) at a flyball tournament for free a couple of weeks ago and tomorrow I'm meeting some of the participants and their owners to hopefully work out a deal to photograph them.

It all works out. Just my 2 cents. Have a great weekend!

Joe