Options

Watermark

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited November 25, 2007 in Finishing School
I have just built myself a website for photos and I am still having problems putting a watermark in my photo. I would like to insert my name in the bottom right hand corner.
I use Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 1.3 and I have searched in the Metadata on the Library page where I have entered my name as Creator and Copywriting etc but I just cannot find anywhere within LightRoom that says "Watermark" Can anyone help me please.
I also have another problem too. When I put photos into the thumbnails within the galleries, on my website, I find after I have inserted a few photos I then for some reason start to lose them as fast as I put them in. When the photo disappears the Thumbnail displays "File not found" Gosh I am really having problems so once again I would appreciate any help as I have never experienced anything like this.
Kind regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Watermark
    Can anyone please tell me how I can put a watermark in a photo. I use Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 1.3. I have looked in the Metadata but cannot find anything to say Watermark.
    Bob
  • Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    Can anyone please tell me how I can put a watermark in a photo. I use Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 1.3. I have looked in the Metadata but cannot find anything to say Watermark.
    Bob

You might want to look at the Web tab. There is a function called Identy Plate there that I believe performs the function. You can also use Smugmug's Watermark feature depending upon what your goals are.

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    Bob

Add the watermark in Lightroom during image exporting:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=73024

Lightroom is not good for adding a watermark. The watermark it adds is a simple text indicator in the lower left corner of the picture. In fact, during export, you need to turn on "Size to Fit". You will need to check that (and maybe play with the settings) in order to get the watermark big enough to see.

SmugMug's watermarking capability is far better and should be used if you can.
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Add the watermark in Lightroom during image exporting:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=73024

Lightroom is not good for adding a watermark. The watermark it adds is a simple text indicator in the lower left corner of the picture. In fact, during export, you need to turn on "Size to Fit". You will need to check that (and maybe play with the settings) in order to get the watermark big enough to see.

SmugMug's watermarking capability is far better and should be used if you can.

Thanks ever so much for your help I have got it fixed weith changing the settings. It could be bigger but never mind.
    Bob
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    dmmattix wrote:
    You might want to look at the Web tab. There is a function called Identy Plate there that I believe performs the function. You can also use Smugmug's Watermark feature depending upon what your goals are.

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike I have fiddled with the changes and I have found it I typed in a name and it has come up in the left corner. It could be bigger but never mind.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2007
    Watermark on LightRoom
    I have been inserting a watermark in the bottom left corner of my photos using LightRoom. Can anyone please tell me how I can make the watermark bigger. As I am sure it could soon be cropped out. I have tried changing things on the Export page but I just cannot get the watermark any bigger.
    Regards
    Bob