LA Holiday Light Festival

CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited November 26, 2007 in Landscapes
I went to the holiday light festival for the first time yesterday even though I've lived in LA more than half of my life. This is the 12th annual light festival put up by the Los Angeles Dept. of Water and Power. This magnificent display of lights stretches out over a one-mile segment of the Crystal Springs Dr in Griffith Park, near the LA Zoo. This is the first year that the entire festival lighting has been converted to energy saving and LED light bulbs and powered by a clean energy fuel cell. This change saves 2/3 of the power required by the traditional lighting. Also, during this 1st week, the display is open to pedestrians only, so I took the kids for a visit. We walked, looked at the lights, listened to Xmas music playing on loudspeakers along the way, and snapped some photos below:

Welcoming Arch
02Arch.JPG?imgmax=720

Los Angeles City Hall
04LACH.JPG?imgmax=512

Season's Greetings from the Port of Los Angeles
08LAPort.JPG?imgmax=800

Griffith Observatory
10Observatory.JPG?imgmax=800

LAX Airport
12LAX1.JPG?imgmax=800

Lights, Camera, Action
17CamAction1.JPG?imgmax=800

Celebrating Over a Century of Service by LADWP(LA Dept of Water and Power)
20CentSvc.JPG?imgmax=640

Staples Center - Home of the LA Kings
21StaplesCenter.JPG?imgmax=800

Statue of Liberty
26StatueofLiberty.jpg?imgmax=800

To see more pictures, check out this album.

Cuong
"She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    While I applaud the energy-saving option, I think LED bulbs just lack that warmth that comes from traditional Christmas lights. Though I'd think warmth isn't too hard to find in Southern CA. lol3.gif

Your photos of the bulbs against the night sky reminds me of those old Lite Bright toys :D