Upload fails

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited November 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Just uploaded 14pics but only 10 uploaded (so now there are still only 9 there ( I deleted one) despite trying 3 time to re upload the remaining 5

they seem to upload fully but at the very end I get the message "Ack, they didn;t etc. please contact help@sm etc"- but I thought easier to post here?
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 25, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    Just uploaded 14pics but only 10 uploaded (so now there are still only 9 there ( I deleted one) despite trying 3 time to re upload the remaining 5

they seem to upload fully but at the very end I get the message "Ack, they didn;t etc. please contact help@sm etc"- but I thought easier to post here?

Simon,

Can you please email a zip file of those images to david at [SM], and which uploader are you using ?

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • AndrewAndrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Is every Sunday night this bad for uploading? I have a progress window that's been blinking back and forth for an hour, for six 3 MB files, on a 384 DSL connection... eek7.gif

And why does the browser have to call up google-analytics.com to present this editing window?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Andrew wrote:
    Is every Sunday night this bad for uploading? I have a progress window that's been blinking back and forth for an hour, for six 3 MB files, on a 384 DSL connection... eek7.gif

And why does the browser have to call up google-analytics.com to present this editing window?
    No, in fact it's been rather good for a long time on Sunday nights. True, it's probably busiest night, but things are running smoothly here.

What's likely happening is that you are having connectivity issues between you and SmugMug. Can we get a traceroute? Let us know if you need instructions on how to do that.
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Simon,

Can you please email a zip file of those images to david at [SM], and which uploader are you using ?

Thanks,

David
    I can't send the zip , the email refuses to send, it just says it can't do it using that server - doesn't say why..perhaps I should try again later

can I ftp it somewhere, I have an ftp program?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • AndrewAndrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    What's likely happening is that you are having connectivity issues between you and SmugMug. Can we get a traceroute? Let us know if you need instructions on how to do that.
    And so it seems to be - I aborted the update window, relaunched FireFox, reconnected to SM, and my photos went in like nothing.