Another from this shoot.

JSimonianJSimonian Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited November 26, 2007 in People
Here is another from the same day. I like the look of this one, but I would have done something differently. I won't say what now, because then the focus would be on it. Tell me your thoughts.
223519574-L.jpg
J. Simonian
SmugMug Gallery

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    I remember now looking at your gallery and this one stood out to me more than the others. I just love the colors, the myriad of textures, and her sly smile. The only thing I would have done differently is to take a step backward so the image could stand an 8x10 crop, but that's only after me looking at it trying very hard to find something wrong with it! A gorgeous, pristine image in my book! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    As a portrait, the only thing I can see that I would have changed is the background. Either throw it more OOF or move to a different background. The vertical rust runs and the bleached wood below (taken together) are a minor distraction.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    i find this a very nice picture in terms of colours, exposure, detail and expression of the model. a very laid back and secure pose! thumb.gif

the one thing i would change/pay attention to next time is the way the hand looks. its a bit 'flapped down' in comparison with the rest of the pose. is that what you were reffering to? rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • JSimonianJSimonian Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    i find this a very nice picture in terms of colours, exposure, detail and expression of the model. a very laid back and secure pose! thumb.gif

the one thing i would change/pay attention to next time is the way the hand looks. its a bit 'flapped down' in comparison with the rest of the pose. is that what you were reffering to? rolleyes1.gif

Yes! You would be the winner! thumb.gif I don't like the hand how it is "flat" appearing, which makes it look fat and quite distracting. It's one of those things that once you see it, it's all you can focus on.

Thanks for the kind comments! Also, yes the bkg is a bit distracting, but I don't have a very big backyard and it's not terribly scenic. These were just test type shots, as I am trying to learn the camera better. Even still, I was very happy how they came out.

I only have 1 430EX, so the lighting is quite flat. I'd like to get a couple of 580EX's to give a bit more depth to the lighting. That will be many pay checks later.

Thanks again for looking.
    J. Simonian
    SmugMug Gallery
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Very nice. What lens are you using? 70-200 f2.8L?
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • JSimonianJSimonian Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    RTP wrote:
    Very nice. What lens are you using? 70-200 f2.8L?
    All of this series was shot using the 100mm 2.8 macro. I really like it for portraits. Pretty damn sharp.

My friend just rented the 85 1.2 (I think) and showed me a photo taken at f2 and it was awesome! I currently don't have any money for more lenses, so I'll have to do with what I have.

Thanks for looking!
    J. Simonian
    SmugMug Gallery
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Very very nice shot =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG