Options

Aperture Questions

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited December 2, 2007 in Finishing School
Greetings grinners :D

I've been working with Aperture 1.5 for about a week now and have a couple of issues/questions that I've been unable to solve through help files and google searches. Any guidance would be most appreciated!

1. How do I permanently add tools to the adjustments panel? I want sharpen to always live there, rather than having to hit + and pull it down for every image.

2. In browser mode, after editing an image, I move down to the bottom of the browser to give the image a star rating, the black HUD shows up across the bottom of the screen and makes me use that for rating, rather than letting me use the browser. How do I stop that thing?

Beyond that, I'm liking Aperture very much. As I learn more about it, it seems to fit well with my natural workflow.

Thanks in advance,
fish
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    1. I don't think you can yet. v2.0 should do this. in the mean time, get used to using the key commands to invoke those panels. It's much faster.

2. Again, you'd be better served by using command-1 through 5 for star ratings.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2007
    I found a hack that seems to work for the HUD display. I haven't tried it to see if the default set of adjustments shows up in the adjustment panel in the browser, but this could work.

Check this link on oreilly.net
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson