My LPS 17 Idea...

rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited November 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, so here is what I'm thinking...My future neice is coming with her mommy to visit my girlfriend for a few days. She is almost 3 months old and quickly 'growing.'

What C&C do yall have about this? What type of setup do you think would work best? I was thinking about having a ruler or measuring chart of some sort marking her progress...

-Grant
Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB

Comments

• kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Kid pic have always done well so far in lps, good portraits with stories at any rate but perhaps wait to see how the judging sways this time around, see if that technical element of perfection is kicking in
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    That is so funny. My neice (2 mths) is coming for a visit on Wed and I was thinking I might use a pic of her this contest too. :D
  • fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    similar ideas
    I have a handful of ideas too concerning this subject... I would say it will come down to how dramatic it can be displayed. :D
    dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
    We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    I'm reminded of those marks that parents make to mark each year of their childrens growth. My grandmother had my fathers 'growth' marks on the frame of the kitchen door that led into the living room. I think she had a mark from each year 6-18. It was a cool thing to see.
    Growing with Dgrin

• rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback guys...

@Moni - Then it shall be a battle of the babies!!! En-guard! :D:D:D

@leaforte - Ya...that's kinda along the lines of what i was thinking...maybe a view of how far she's grown from her 21" long to whatever she is now kinda timeline thing.

I'm just trying to think of how I can do this. She obviously can't stand yet so this type of 'timeline' thing would have to be on the ground...my readings at strobist.com make me think 'ringlight' and shoot from above the baby laying on her back...but I don't want it to look like a mug-shot...

hmm....headscratch.gif

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    I love this idea. My parents have pencil markings measuring the height of my nieces and nephew on the frame of their kitchen door. (okay, I admit it, I'm on there too. LMAO)

So here is what I propose.... We all collude and do the same exact photo this round - the one with the coolest measuring device wins!!! rolleyes1.gifTalking about upping the dfficulty of judging! clap.gif
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    I love this idea. My parents have pencil markings measuring the height of my nieces and nephew on the frame of their kitchen door. (okay, I admit it, I'm on there too. LMAO)

So here is what I propose.... We all collude and do the same exact photo this round - the one with the coolest measuring device wins!!! rolleyes1.gifTalking about upping the dfficulty of judging! clap.gif

Laughing.gif great idea.
  • fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    rgbivens wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback guys...

@Moni - Then it shall be a battle of the babies!!! En-guard! :D:D:D

@leaforte - Ya...that's kinda along the lines of what i was thinking...maybe a view of how far she's grown from her 21" long to whatever she is now kinda timeline thing.

I'm just trying to think of how I can do this. She obviously can't stand yet so this type of 'timeline' thing would have to be on the ground...my readings at strobist.com make me think 'ringlight' and shoot from above the baby laying on her back...but I don't want it to look like a mug-shot...

hmm....headscratch.gif

-Grant
    Many years ago when my granddaugher was about the same age we "held" her up (but you could not see the hand holding her) and took the image from lower than head level up... giving the appearance of "growth"... something to try especially if you can get the lighting correct on their "head"... to give it a glow...

enjoy,
    frank
    dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
    We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    My niece just left with no artistic shots from me. :cry
    So no baby shots for round 17.
    What I wanted to do was get a shot of her feet with my sister's feet.