batch category reassignment

PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited November 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to assign new categories to my existing galleries. I have a few hundred of them now, but they're totally unorganized, so everything appears on my front page and takes forever to load. I need to get organized here! But I'd rather not go about it by going into each separate one and selecting a new category and subcategory. Is there any batch function for this? Just hoping! :-)

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited November 26, 2007
    PeterLyons wrote:
    I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to assign new categories to my existing galleries. I have a few hundred of them now, but they're totally unorganized, so everything appears on my front page and takes forever to load. I need to get organized here! But I'd rather not go about it by going into each separate one and selecting a new category and subcategory. Is there any batch function for this? Just hoping! :-)
    It's not really batch since you can't reassign categories for multiple galleries at once - but SmugBrowser provides an interface that will be faster than hand-editing each gallery within SmugMug.

SmugBrowser is a Firefox extension. You can get it from this thread - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47484

--- Denise
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 26, 2007
    Peter,

Denise is correct. SmugBrowser works really well for this. Once you get it installed, in FireFox you click on Tools>SmugBrowser to start it.

It took me a few tries to find it the first time :-)

--Doc

The Kilted Support Hero
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Perfect!

Thanks so much to both of you.

Peter