yes it is selective colouring...

CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
edited November 27, 2007 in People
I thought I would ATTEMPT selective colouring; honestly I'm not usually a huge fan, but here it goes anyway.. Is it 'dramatic' enough? too much? horrible altogether? The rest of the photo needs fixin', doesn't help the model ain't too good lookin' either! haha.. Anyway comments on particularly the eyes would be marvelous!

2066496919_230736a383.jpg
"Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
-Marilyn Monroe

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    I thought I would ATTEMPT selective colouring; honestly I'm not usually a huge fan, but here it goes anyway.. Is it 'dramatic' enough? too much? horrible altogether? The rest of the photo needs fixin', doesn't help the model ain't too good lookin' either! haha.. Anyway comments on particularly the eyes would be marvelous!
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any colorization in the image. But then again, I have been told I'm color-blind.

On the other hand, with a model that lovely, who cares about color?
  • GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    I like it - subtle enough that you don't notice it at first, or if you are Scott, at all. rolleyes1.gif
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any colorization in the image. But then again, I have been told I'm color-blind.

pssst... Its the model's eyes.

Question though, did you do something to the whites of the eyes? They are really white!
  • caughtnactioncaughtnaction Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    re: selective coloring pic
    First I wanted to tell you that the picture is great without the selective coloring but I think it looks great with it too! It is hard to make brown eyes really pop but you did a good job! KSclap.gif
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    thanks guys! subtle was exactly what i was wanting! and actually my eyes are more grey, with just the brown where it shows, so i wasn't sure if that'd work, just cause of the colour of my eyes, but I happened to like it. thanks again !!!
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Grainbelt wrote:
    I like it - subtle enough that you don't notice it at first, or if you are Scott, at all. rolleyes1.gif

pssst... Its the model's eyes.

Question though, did you do something to the whites of the eyes? They are really white!

I actually didn't do anything to the whites of my eyes, I guess they just weren't bloodshot- normally I'm wayyyy overtired!
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    i think that you did a good job with the black and white conversion, but i feel that selective coloring seldom works, and this is no excpetion. (sorry! :D) i think that your eyes would have plenty of pop even without the selective coloring.

i am not a big fan of the cropping, but i really like the lighting and facial expression! thumb.gif i definitely want to see more like this.