Help with LPS17 - My First Entry Overall

SDotCiReSDotCiRe Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the site and so this round of LPS will be the first I enter. I was close to submitting an entry last round but with only a day to shoot, I wasn't too confident on the final despite what my friends and family insisted. So here I am with some notice and I need help to see if this is a good concept or not.

contestpic2.jpg

Now I wanted to capture the 'decaying' emotion on the model so I can express his agony. Now I was thinking of removing the lighting effects on the upper thumbnails to make it more striaght out the camera looking. Also I was thinking of having a main picture in which the model is holding something that is inspiring and bright white to contrast all the dark around him.

This is my first attempt so I would any comments and/or suggestions. Should I continue with this idea? Is it good? Anything would be great. Thanks!

-Eric :D

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Welcome to dgrin! I like your concept but think it would benefit from a more dramatic declining. For example, have the first shot be one of jubulation or happiness then progress through emotions until the last shot is utter depression. If you can show some hints of why, that would be bonus contributions. Good luck and can't wait to see your final entry.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    I rather like it too, but i'm not sure it fits for this particular theme.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    I rather like it too, but i'm not sure it fits for this particular theme.

Hey, Pyro, this sequence reminds me of yours in LPS 8, Explosive or Sedate.

SdotCiRe, I'm not really getting decay from this sequence. I agree with Shatch's suggestions on optional ways to show the decay of emotions.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Welcome to Dgrin. You have almost two weeks to play, so do just that...
    Growing with Dgrin

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    Felicia wrote:
    Hey, Pyro, this sequence reminds me of yours in LPS 8, Explosive or Sedate.

glad you remember, but do you remember how well it did? Laughing.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2007
    glad you remember, but do you remember how well it did? Laughing.gif

Didn't it beat me???? LMAO!!!!

Sdot, I get where you are going with this but like the others I don't really associate depression with decay unless you illustrate the decaying mind (such as alzheimer's) and its emotional drain. I give you props for the attempt. It will be a difficult image to capture. Cool sequence for another theme though. Keep at it and you'll hit on something closer. (at least that is what I keep telling myself. Laughing.gif)
  • SDotCiReSDotCiRe Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2007
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm planning on setting up a comic book style shoot and incorparating everyone's comments and hopefully it comes out well! I will post it here once I'm finished and I hope that everyone will give me comments on it as well! Thanks again!

-Eric :D